• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF Form 1 (Brace, Tax Exempt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/docs/undefined/faqfinalrule2021r-08f-correctedpdf/download
I found this, this might clear up some questions. Basically TL:DR; you get a free Form 1 and the ATF considers your brace a stock. Once said form is back approved, you can put whatever the hell you want on the back of your new SBR.
Oberst is absolutely correct. Once you received your approved Form 1 back (Stamp) you can put whatever attachment to the buffer tube extension you desire.

Here ya go, Red Coat. A nice shiny tax stamp, to prove you are the recipient of the crown’s permission of course.

1676604580023.jpeg

just remember.
since its pending, if they decline you...felony....illegal sbr.
Mine has been approved but I did find this interesting. Basically if you submitted in the window, you can maintain your brace as long as you have proof.

"PRIOR TO AND AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF THE 120-DAY TAX FORBEARANCE, CAN I CONTINUE TO POSSESS MY SBR EQUIPPED WITH A “STABILIZING BRACE” IF I HAVE TIMELY SUBMITTED MY APPLICATION TO REGISTER MY FIREARM? • Yes. Provided you are not otherwise prohibited from possession of a firearm under Federal or State law, you may continue to lawfully possess your SBR while your registration application is pending with ATF. While your application is pending, you should maintain proof of submission as evidence of continued lawful possession."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom