• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ATF HAS SUSPENDED PROPOSED BAN ON M855/SS109

Yup, I had tons of M855 in my ammo stash and still do after selling a good bit (as well as XM193). The price for the stuff in the past year and a half has floated around 40 cents a round so anyone who bought a good bit during this period can still get that much for them. The proposed ban is only being temporarily suspended, my guess is that this is so they can say they reviewed all the comments before going forward with the ban.

Yup, I had tons of M855 in my ammo stash and still do after selling a good bit (as well as XM193). The price for the stuff in the past year and a half has floated around 40 cents a round so anyone who bought a good bit during this period can still get that much for them. The proposed ban is only being temporarily suspended, my guess is that this is so they can say they reviewed all the comments before going forward with the ban.

They won't try it again. Not like this.

They can and will do this again, just like the 5.45 steel core

That's why we have to support the current legislation which would require congress to approve any additional AP classifications

Reactions: MRH
They can and will do this again, just like the 5.45 steel core

That's why we have to support the current legislation which would require congress to approve any additional AP classifications

Yea I look at 5.45 as yes they could ban it but 5.56 is "America's sweetheart" round. It won't be done easily.

Yea I look at 5.45 as yes they could ban it but 5.56 is "America's sweetheart" round. It won't be done easily.

5.45 doesn't even meet the legal classification as 5.45 is .219 and the regulation says 22 or larger. Didn't stop them. Had they tried to pull it with the SS109 before the new congress came into session the SS109 would be gone.

Back
Top Bottom