Athlon optics

I have four Athlon Argos FFP 6-24x50 and one 8-34x56 as well as a Midas 4-16x44 (all Gen I) on some of my long sticks for the past 5 or 6 years. I, too, may be full of **** (see post #9), but I have no problem seeing, tracking or hitting my targets with the glass I am using. (OK, At 1,000 yards, I scared the 10" steel target, but missed as I could not read the wind. The next two guys to use my .338 Lapua Magnum dinged that target within two shots each.) (Note: Midas not in pic)View attachment 5474930
Meh - difference is, you aren't claiming em to be jErst Az GuUd as a shmitty.

Ares and Cronus are nice. But Cronus is getting up there with the other $1500+ brand of optics. Those two have been my only experience. I played with the Argos but the turrets were mush.

Not impressed with the NX8 at all. NF needs to get their **** together. They also need to update their NXS line….

Ares and Cronus are nice. But Cronus is getting up there with the other $1500+ brand of optics. Those two have been my only experience. I played with the Argos but the turrets were mush.

Not impressed with the NX8 at all. NF needs to get their **** together. They also need to update their NXS line….
Well, the nxs line is dead - enter the NX8. I wouldn't say that the NX8's are trash, but the glass is certainly lacking at the price point. But then again, the atacr's are lacking at their price point as well. I do like the nx8 2.5-20 for certain applications. And they are reliable.

Ares ETR and Cronus are what I'm familiar with as well. The Cronus isn't "bad," but there is A LOT of competition at that price point and feel that there are better options out there. The ares was a complete let down though. Resolve is meh. Lots of ED. Super tight eye box.

Well, the nxs line is dead - enter the NX8. I wouldn't say that the NX8's are trash, but the glass is certainly lacking at the price point. But then again, the atacr's are lacking at their price point as well. I do like the nx8 2.5-20 for certain applications. And they are reliable.

Ares ETR and Cronus are what I'm familiar with as well. The Cronus isn't "bad," but there is A LOT of competition at that price point and feel that there are better options out there. The ares was a complete let down though. Resolve is meh. Lots of ED. Super tight eye box.

NXS dead as in they’ll phase out??

I have four Athlon Argos FFP 6-24x50 and one 8-34x56 as well as a Midas 4-16x44 (all Gen I) on some of my long sticks for the past 5 or 6 years. I, too, may be full of **** (see post #9), but I have no problem seeing, tracking or hitting my targets with the glass I am using. (OK, At 1,000 yards, I scared the 10" steel target, but missed as I could not read the wind. The next two guys to use my .338 Lapua Magnum dinged that target within two shots each.) (Note: Midas not in pic)View attachment 5474930
I have those same scopes on some of my rifles. They are very good scopes for the money. Scope snobs might disagree but I don't really care too much to interact with snobs.

So I kept watching that scope on opticsplanet and Amazon. It dropped to $503 for one day on Amazon and I couldn't resist. Mounted, zeroed, and have shot out to 500 so far. It is very clear, tracks true, holds zero, and the MOA holdovers are accurate. The eyebox is tight at full zoom, but I can live with that. Overall I'm happy with it and would recommend one to anyone looking for an entry level long range optic.

So I kept watching that scope on opticsplanet and Amazon. It dropped to $503 for one day on Amazon and I couldn't resist. Mounted, zeroed, and have shot out to 500 so far. It is very clear, tracks true, holds zero, and the MOA holdovers are accurate. The eyebox is tight at full zoom, but I can live with that. Overall I'm happy with it and would recommend one to anyone looking for an entry level long range optic.

You get the helos?

Yes the Helos BTR.

Attachments

• 20230528_100326.jpg
    20230528_100326.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230528_100315.jpg
    20230528_100315.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom