• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta area shops that sell AR-10 build kits?

kruuth

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
16   1
Reaction score
Looking for something to distract us on Thanksgiving, thought we could do something different this year. I'd like to see if we could assemble an AR-10. The local gun shop sells the parts for about $1500, and it's a mix of parts, mostly aero precision. This good? I've googled and I've seen kits for half that but they're entry level. Anything in or around Atlanta than this price wise?

check out Truprep. Its towards Marietta but they will have what ya need. If ya need any guidance feel free to swing by we can help ya out. I dont have any ar10 receiver sets because there is a blue million of them, and ar10/lr308 have different sizes but we keep lose springs/pins/parts in stock. My best recommendation is make sure you look into the sizing/parts compatability of what you are going to buy, and buy the matching reciever set/handguard. Aero is a great starting point.

TruPrep is outstanding and Shep cmshoot cmshoot and crew are a wealth of knowledge.
agreed 100%. Wish they were closer tbh.

If they too far we can help you for sure. Just would have to order in what you want, and it may not be here before Thanksgiving. Shoot one of my counter guys has to put his Noveske 11.5 build together though, bring snaccs we can party lol.

I tried them. They're actually pretty close, but the buttons would cost me about $1300 from them. I've actually gotten lowers from them in the past and uppers as well. I've got nothing bad to say. Is that price correct? I don't need ultra quality, just a distraction. If I want to shoot a nice 308 I've got my Valmet

There is a SIG 716 listed now for $1700. i'd go that route before I spent $1500 on Aero parts. But that's just me. Take it Prt and put it back together again if you get bored. :thumb:

There isnt a single company that can compete with Palmetto State Armory for "discount quality". All parts come to your house except for the lower which goes to your local FFL. Ive had a bunch of aero stuff over the years and aero is also good to go. If we are talking about the cheapest most acceptable parts.

Back
Top Bottom