• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

attracting fish to property

Chattkrav

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
13   0
Reaction score
I live on an electric only lake. It is about 250 acres. I moved in October, so I'm just now getting to really enjoy the quick access. I like to fly fish, so I fish a lot on rivers, creeks and streams, and I do pretty well. I've had very little luck at my house. It is pretty frustrating to catch fish everywhere except your home lake! It is not a great fishery, but there are fish. Here is where I need your help. I've got about 500 feet of lake frontage. I've sunk two christmas trees, but I'm looking for any ideas you guys have to attract fish. I'd like to build a floating dock, but that will have to wait until I have the funds. I'm open to building habitat, chumming, or any other ideas you guys have.

poke holes in cans of dog food and toss them in.

put lights in the lake at night.

provide alot more structure for fish to hang out in.

Get a few homer buckets from Homedepot, a bunch of small diameter PVC pipe, and some concrete. cut random lengths of pipe and secure into bucket with concrete.... sink in lake. Once algae begins to grow it will attract bait fish, which will attract bigger fish.

call your local game warden and see about stocking the lake---the tree's are your best bet--they will go bare but the limbs will remain--that said all a bass or most other fish need is a stick--once the fish get's it's eye behind the stick it thinks it's hole body is hidden---you need more then 2 trees--you need to build a pile 5 or 10 trees----how deep is the lake where you live?

"...once the fish get's it's eye behind the stick it thinks it's hole body is hidden..." ~ LARGO9

This is so true! You can present to a bass (or fish) that has it's face/eyes hidden and they will strike! When I was very little, my evil brother and I would play a kind of tag game. He would hide behind a little tree and say, "I can't see you, so you can't see me." I think I fell for it until I was about 4 years old (slow learner).

Back
Top Bottom