• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Auto knife otf question

My wife took one of mine some years ago....she loved that thing, kept it in her purse...it had "Auto Camping" stamped on the handle, lol ! One of those cheap ones....she called it her happy camper. Her truck got stolen out of mall parking lot and it was in it. I'm gonna get her one of these .....she will love it !

I'm glad you asked. Have you ever seen the inside of one? Think "swiss watch." All CNC and hand fitted parts. Nothing is painted in the higher end ones and only the "better" steels are used. DONT EVER TAkE ONE APART. Please see thread on me "tinkering" with my old one.
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/showthread.php?t=650733

Aside, it most definitely is a novelty and not the one item you should choose on your trip with Bear Grylls. Just a fun hobby, that would most def. fill any EDC/light duty & even some medium duty roles.

Last edited:
What kind of wobble do you get when the blade is extended? These are supposed to be pretty tight but you never can tell if the review you are reading is real or not.

There will always be a small amount of "play" both side to side & front to back with autos. OTF's are ran on a track with a series of springs that cause it to retract and deploy. All folders, even on a small scale will have "play" because it's not a solid piece of steel. The most solid,toughest blade is a fixed blade, IMO.

What kind of wobble do you get when the blade is extended? These are supposed to be pretty tight but you never can tell if the review you are reading is real or not.

Here you go...I'm in a video making mood out in the garage this morning :director:

[video=youtube_share;irKWOUo6Soo]http://youtu.be/irKWOUo6Soo[/video]

I got a Schrade Viper 3 so that I don't beat the hell out of my Infidel. $42 shipped using Amazon Prime. Very little wobble and good feeling construction for a $45 OTF. Bit goofy feeling switch at first, but you get used to it pretty quickly. Only drawback is that it is a manual retract, which probably keeps the blade snug while deployed.

Back
Top Bottom