• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Auto Seller Rant

MAK

Hen of Fame Supporter
GGT Founder
58   0
Reaction score
I've had my eyes open for another toy to add to the stable but scanning the online ads are just maddening. I don't have time to call every frickin yahoo that can't put enough info in the description to indicate if it might be what the buyer is after. I'm sure I have probably missed out, and some buyers have lost a sale, just because I skip over them for lack of time (and motivation) to try and get them on the phone and try to pry out the important details. These are the same ones that won't leave an email which would be much easier...
What *&%$*!! engine is under the hood? The 4, the 6, the 8?
Is it the manual or automatic transmission?
How many miles are on the vehicle?
Why do some many people take their "for sale" photo while pumping gas at the local station? I won't even comment on the lack of or quality of pics.
Price?? Price?? How much are you asking for it? Making me call you first doesn't increase your odds of achieving your dream of double blue-book...
And then there are the irritating keyworders who paste 2 pages worth of keywords so that even though I might search for low mileage 4x4 F150 in Cumming, I will be sure to get a look at their wrecked Hyundai Elantra with blown engine.
I guess this must be some sort of sales tactic but it aint working on me...
Rant over. Shouldn't I feel better now?

i like when they ask to call or text but don't include a number.......
To be honest I've done that before. But when I looked back at the ad I went back and put my number in it. The part that pisses me off is that people have something to sell and just refuse to include a number. If you don't list your phone number then you ain't serious about selling it. Then there are the buyers that refuse to CALL you even though you include the number and tell them to call or text and not email. So they email you.

I've had my eyes open for another toy to add to the stable but scanning the online ads are just maddening. I don't have time to call every frickin yahoo that can't put enough info in the description to indicate if it might be what the buyer is after. I'm sure I have probably missed out, and some buyers have lost a sale, just because I skip over them for lack of time (and motivation) to try and get them on the phone and try to pry out the important details. These are the same ones that won't leave an email which would be much easier...
What *&%$*!! engine is under the hood? The 4, the 6, the 8?
Is it the manual or automatic transmission?
How many miles are on the vehicle?
Why do some many people take their "for sale" photo while pumping gas at the local station? I won't even comment on the lack of or quality of pics.
Price?? Price?? How much are you asking for it? Making me call you first doesn't increase your odds of achieving your dream of double blue-book...
And then there are the irritating keyworders who paste 2 pages worth of keywords so that even though I might search for low mileage 4x4 F150 in Cumming, I will be sure to get a look at their wrecked Hyundai Elantra with blown engine.
I guess this must be some sort of sales tactic but it aint working on me...
Rant over. Shouldn't I feel better now?
back away from the craigs list man take some prozac...relax best way to find what you want is go looking for it!

Back
Top Bottom