• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Auto Seller Rant

Well if you like what he has you buy it or don't... Personally I always ask the seller if it's a "clean, clear, Georgia title in your name."
Yep.
If the title is not in the sellers name
There is no way to know if they actually own the car

In fact if they actually owned the car. It would be in their name

Could be a stolen car. Forged title Who knows ?

Back in my younger days a good friend ( we are still good friends) used to trade cars every few days or sometimes within a week. We all had muscle cars. David and I were together one Saturday and he traded his 69 Z-28 for a 55 Chevy two door hardtop. Within an hour, he pulled up next to another guy we both knew at a red light. The other guy had a 69 Chevelle S S. They left the red light, pulled into a parking lot and traded cars. The next time I saw David on the following Monday, he had a 57 Chevy. We all used to tell him he changes cars more often than most people change their underwear. Ahhhhh them were the good ole days.

Another I forgot to mention was the MPG claims. Always at least 5mpg better than the crazy optimistic original window sticker ratings... I guess after 20 years and 200,000 miles things loosen up and your mileage doubles. :p Some of the best ones I see are on this site too. Ha!:doh:

I've had my eyes open for another toy to add to the stable but scanning the online ads are just maddening. I don't have time to call every frickin yahoo that can't put enough info in the description to indicate if it might be what the buyer is after. I'm sure I have probably missed out, and some buyers have lost a sale, just because I skip over them for lack of time (and motivation) to try and get them on the phone and try to pry out the important details. These are the same ones that won't leave an email which would be much easier...
What *&%$*!! engine is under the hood? The 4, the 6, the 8?
Is it the manual or automatic transmission?
How many miles are on the vehicle?
Why do some many people take their "for sale" photo while pumping gas at the local station? I won't even comment on the lack of or quality of pics.
Price?? Price?? How much are you asking for it? Making me call you first doesn't increase your odds of achieving your dream of double blue-book...
And then there are the irritating keyworders who paste 2 pages worth of keywords so that even though I might search for low mileage 4x4 F150 in Cumming, I will be sure to get a look at their wrecked Hyundai Elantra with blown engine.
I guess this must be some sort of sales tactic but it aint working on me...
Rant over. Shouldn't I feel better now?
Ummm and you've been here for How Long? This is no different from any of the other Listings. Ohh and you forgot to add about the Upside Down pictures. Just trying to help ya feel better. I got a Goody Powder if ya need it.

Back
Top Bottom