• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Baiting North Ga vs South Ga

I'm unaware of anyone who even attempts such a thing. To your (perhaps) point, yes I guess it is "possible" to have supplemental feed in a broadcast feeder with great care in the concentrated area that would greatly minimize the inherent problems with otherwise unnaturally feeding and concentrating a wild deer population. (Considering how long prions live in the soil and how it's almost impossible to get rid of them once discovered, I'm not sure how feasible it is even in theory though.)
I'm not talking about broadcast feeders, not a fan of those because issues with feces. I'm talking about covered troughs and gravity style feeders.

I'm not talking about broadcast feeders, not a fan of those because issues with feces. I'm talking about covered troughs and gravity style feeders.
Then you have nose to nose spit swapping. There is no harmless way to unnaturally feed deer. Are some methods worse than others? Assuredly.

Man I didn't know this was going to open up a whole can of worms or corn I should say.. I never said I hunted over corn I was just merely seeking facts or opinions on the matter.. There are too many quotes that I would like to reply too but simply do not have the time for it. But I agree and disagree on what the majority has said. I like planting food plots that adds to their browse and winter food source and it's a great place to harvest deer. It doesn't bother me if they do or do not allowing baiting because the bears will eat it all anyways. We have way more bears than deer where we are. In all the years I have thrown out corn in July and August to see what " inventory" we had on the property, I've only experienced 1-2 big bucks actually eat the corn. They just do not eat it where I hunt. I have never seen a coyote eat corn but I'm not saying they don't unlike their pesky turkey egg snatchers the Coon. It is absolutely pointless to throw corn out once muscadines, acorns and whatever native starts to plummet the ground. Deer know what is natural and as someone said earlier, God has been feeding them since the dawn of time and that will be the case until we humans destroy it. I've personally watched in South GA a deer walk throw a food plot, by mineral block, pass a pile of corn to go straight to acorns. That's a natural selection and will be highly favored. It would not benefit me for them to pass baiting for deer but would help me easily get rid of the copious amount of bears on our property. Thanks for the input and carry on.

Back
Top Bottom