• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ballistic Advantage price hikes

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I seems BA they have deemed thier equal to barrels on the level, quality and longevity of FN and DD here last few weeks. Their BA Hanson profile barrels have went from 240 to 300 over the last week at some point. Don't believe that I don't think they're a good Barrel because they are an extremely soft shooting Barrel. But I highly doubt they are an FN or Daniel Defense cold Hammer forged Chrome line Barrel by any strech of the imagination. I swear you can't even buy a decent gun barrel for under $300 anymore. Which is still cheap relative to the big names but not when you can get a cold Hammer forged Chrome line Barrel for three something and catch them on sale for $269 and AR-15 discounts.

They were 240 a couple weeks ago and now straight up to 300. That's a aggressive price difference. Just a few weeks before that they were 235 or 225. So that's a real steap ramp there for just over 3 weeks.

This is why I pretty much quit dealing with Aero Precision. I have been a dealer of their products for at least a decade but they have gotten out of hand with their pricing. Plus introduced MAP pricing rules, and BTW Aero Precision is the majority shareholder of Ballistic Advantage.

This is why I pretty much quit dealing with Aero Precision. I have been a dealer of their products for at least a decade but they have gotten out of hand with their pricing. Plus introduced MAP pricing rules, and BTW Aero Precision is the majority shareholder of Ballistic Advantage.
Yep. They built their brand on being a good value. That's a reputation you can't just walk away from. Especially when everyone else is dropping prices.

We must be sitting on top of a bunch of old stock! For instance, our BA Hanson profile 5.56, 16", midlength, nitrided with NiB extension, and pinned gas blocks are $190. That's a good deal when it includes a pinned gas block.
I am looking at the .308 barrel but a 65 dollar price hikes over three weeks is bogus. I can get a WC .308 20 inch super sniper stainless, fluted barrel on sale at Primary arms right this second for 259 but really wanting the 18 inch piece.

I expect we will see more price hikes from vendors across the board.

Suppliers of materials will raise prices and the manufacturers will do so in turn.

Quality parts require skilled/competent companies/people to produce them.
Times are getting tight and we are going to pay more.

Hell my favorite places to eat when I am not working can't keep a dishwasher or cook unless they pay them $18-$30 an hour.

If you looking to build get your parts as you can now or hold off till holiday sales....when they go back to the old prices.

Inflation is causing everyone to tighten up the belts and pass on surcharge to the consumer ! I built an 18” with an SPR 223W BA barrel in a mil spec upper and it shoots 10” at 600 yds with factory ammo so I’ll support BA

08419653-72EB-4F4C-A3C9-A46043C9D396.jpeg
BD24486F-CE6C-44B2-A375-A2E381B25D48.jpeg

It’s tough to compare apples to apples with price increases. They may be anticipating price increases of the coming year and hoping to compensate and not raise prices later, when the other guys do. It’s a tough market to game, and I’m sure they aren’t trying to lose customers.

Back
Top Bottom