• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ballistic Advantage price hikes

The last Hanson barrel I bought ran me $210, then they stopped making that particular configuration. I like the BA barrels but not for $300. They are going to prove themselves right out of the market, especially with the qc problems I'm hearing about.

The last Hanson barrel I bought ran me $210, then they stopped making that particular configuration. I like the BA barrels but not for $300. They are going to prove themselves right out of the market, especially with the qc problems I'm hearing about.
My sentiments exactly! A dealer that is a well known tactical supplier is hooking me up with the .308 premium dark series barrel I was looking at. It's the 18 inch, mid gas length, SS with QPQ finish. The price savings is staggering to what is now so I going to order that tomorrow before this crap gets out of control.

I have to admit the Hanson barrels are really soft shooting compared to the other profiles I've used. Also the accuracy is very acceptable. I thought it was highly acceptable for the price. I mean for what it's supposed to be, upper low tier to lower mid tier company their barrels are selling for what upper mid-tier manufacturers are charging for those. I mean that's almost Ranier Arms money there. Sure they have great barrels but what made them great was a good barrels for a good prices.

They were a great option for those who didn't want to shuck out 369 for a FN or DD or Noveske barrel. However now it just seems to be get what you want because they are all over 300 after tax and shipping. If we are talking 5.56 barrels FN and DD are the way to go. They might give up a minuscule amount of accuracy ( meaning most shooters would never shoot that well to the point of discovery) but I would rather have the cold Hammer forged Chrome lined Barrel for a general-purpose 5.56 Barrel any day. Or 6.8spc in my case but all the same.

I seems BA they have deemed thier equal to barrels on the level, quality and longevity of FN and DD here last few weeks. Their BA Hanson profile barrels have went from 240 to 300 over the last week at some point. Don't believe that I don't think they're a good Barrel because they are an extremely soft shooting Barrel. But I highly doubt they are an FN or Daniel Defense cold Hammer forged Chrome line Barrel by any strech of the imagination. I swear you can't even buy a decent gun barrel for under $300 anymore. Which is still cheap relative to the big names but not when you can get a cold Hammer forged Chrome line Barrel for three something and catch them on sale for $269 and AR-15 discounts.
A BA is more accurate than an FN any day of the week.

A BA is more accurate than an FN any day of the week.
I was talking about just longevity and sturdiness of the barrel. Just for you know self-defense and you know high volume shooting the FN will last longer. I know the Ballistic Advantage are accurate barrels I have one. CTS tactile hooked me up with the major deal on a 308 dark series 18 inch barrel. I went ahead and ordered it cuz he did me right on it. CTS tactical is the man.

Back
Top Bottom