• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

BBQ Sauce

I make it but never know what I did when I'm through.

This. I've done that a number of times and had everyone tell me how good the sauce was, how did you make it? Well......I dunno. I just opened cabinets and put stuff in.

Look on Pinterest. I've saved a number of recipes that look good, but have never tried any.

Sweeter sauce: Ketchup, brown sugar, ginger, onion and garlic powder, black pepper, Cider vinegar, salt
Vinegar based: White vinegar, sugar, chili pepper flakes, black pepper, little bit of ketchup and mustard
Asian Style: Ketchup, soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, ginger, scallions, garlic

147615.jpg
this rub from dollar tree stores is da bomb for butts,ribs,chicken ,pork chops ,etc

If it is good BBQ you shouldn't need any sauce...
Real good BBQ is in the meat, rub, and smoke...

"In Georgia alone there are hundreds of varieties of sauces. If the meat is good, the sauce will be, too."
From Lewis Grizzard's They Tore Out My Heart and Stomped That Sucker Flat

Oh man the possibilities are endless. My family's Carolina vinegar sauce is cider vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste (That is the base it is up to you to figure out proportions, plus there are a few special ingredients after that). I would say get a few recipes and pick out what you like and completely make your own.

But as others have said actually cooking the meat is the most important part of BBQ...

image.jpg
image.jpg
That totally depends on the style of BBQ. BBQ varies by Region, state, and even county. There are so many types.

I'm not knocking sauce, but if that's all you rely on, it's not great BBQ, probably not even good. Williamson brothers is an example of this with their ribs, wipe some sauce away and taste. Always use a rub.

I'll eat ribs sometimes w sauce, check out "mountain ribs" on YouTube. You can thank me later.

Back
Top Bottom