• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

BCG Advice

wnchstrtnfldvlle

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
70   0
Reaction score
So I have decided to amass the parts to build my own ar.

I have started looking at available BCG's and it seems to be slim pickings. But would like some suggestions, as I am relatively new to ar's outside of the ones I use at work.

The rifle will be more of a designated marksman rifle. Not fired very fast at all.
As far as quality, I'm not really on a budget, I just don't want to waste money unnecessarily, but since I do prep for the worst, this has the potential to be used to defend my family.
I saw some good reviews on the Fail Zero nickel boron one priced at 219, thoughts??

OR... Maybe someone on here has a good one for sale? :)

I keep eyeing the Adams Arms piston systems... I just can't justify another expensive accessory for a rifle that shoots great as it is.

I have heard the fail zero components are great though. Sorry, no first hand experience.

So I have decided to amass the parts to build my own ar.

I have started looking at available BCG's and it seems to be slim pickings. But would like some suggestions, as I am relatively new to ar's outside of the ones I use at work.

The rifle will be more of a designated marksman rifle. Not fired very fast at all.
As far as quality, I'm not really on a budget, I just don't want to waste money unnecessarily, but since I do prep for the worst, this has the potential to be used to defend my family.
I saw some good reviews on the Fail Zero nickel boron one priced at 219, thoughts??

OR... Maybe someone on here has a good one for sale? :)

Forget FailZero.
Core15 Nickel Boron coated BCG, Nickel Boron coated hammer, and a billet charging handle for $200.
http://www.core15rifles.com/core15-nickel-boronhardcore-charging-handlehammer-3329.html

Its a bolt carrier group ... I havent seen many carriers themselves fail. What I have seen fail is the bolt itself. Now folks will tell you to get a mil spec MPI and something other tested bolt and carrier. Well thats fine and dandy but as with anything else mass produced things are batch tested. If you pull 10 out of a 1,000 piece run and the 10 test out to be fine its said that the whole group is fine and passes.

Personally I dont go for all these wizz bang ideas and coatings. For a general purposes rifle I suggest a carrier and bolt from just about anywhere. My rifle has a JP low mass carrier in it but thats because its mainly a comp gun, but it runs and I wouldnt be affraid to bet my life on it either.

YOUNG MFG. FULL AUTO NATIONAL MATCH CHROME BOLT CARRIER GROUP from Addax tactical is what i went with on a previous build.
i301.photobucket.com_albums_nn76_kaotiktribe_CIMG2136.jpg

i301.photobucket.com_albums_nn76_kaotiktribe_658c7487.jpg

Back
Top Bottom