• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Be Careful when you buy water This is a bunch of BULL ****

Wrong, private searches only give what the data base allows. If they have access (one felony) and use the information in anyway (second felony) then they would be out of business fast.

I was not trying to diminish the original injustice by saying the record will not hurt them in the future. IF it stays on the record, and I imagine if will be expunged totally, it will not hurt them in the future.

They should have just called in a drone strike. You all must be LEO haters. As a great man once said "not even a judge can Monday Morning quarterback a LEO". Move along people.

Seriously? You still on that soap box? Once again if you're gonna quote me then please cite the proper court case.

Wow, fortunately this didn't end up with someone taking a dirt nap. Kinda reminds me of the story where the cops kicked in the front door on the wrong house. Army guy on leave just about unloaded his M16 on them.

Wrong, private searches only give what the data base allows. If they have access (one felony) and use the information in anyway (second felony) then they would be out of business fast.

I was not trying to diminish the original injustice by saying the record will not hurt them in the future. IF it stays on the record, and I imagine if will be expunged totally, it will not hurt them in the future.

maintaing record of arrest and the disposition of the case is a felony? I'd have to look it up but that was not what I was told while working in the court system.

Last edited:
The record will show as charges dropped and will not show on any type of public record or job searches.

I can tell you that when you search gwinnett county courts my arrest still shows up (We proved my ex-wife's charges were bogus and the case dropped) but it is still there, easily accessible via the public website.

I can tell you that when you search gwinnett county courts my arrest still shows up (We proved my ex-wife's charges were bogus and the case dropped) but it is still there, easily accessible via the public website.

Same here. I had a case in Broward County Florida where the charges were dropped. I searched it for 5 years until they got paid and it was dropped off.

I've been through interviews and background checks where there are 500 applicants for each job opening. They always ask if you have ever been arrested, if you say no and they find a record, expunged or not, and they will find it, you are out of there. If you say yes and explain that the charges were dropped, you are out of there. There are exceptions, but an arrest of any kind is not a check mark in the plus column. I'm pro LEO, but what happened to these girls is despicable, as are no knock warrants, check points, and felony stops for parking tickets. Police presence, not police intimidation, is what I expect from our LEO's and elected officials. I am sure you see it differently.

Back
Top Bottom