• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Be Careful when you buy water This is a bunch of BULL ****

I've been through interviews and background checks where there are 500 applicants for each job opening. They always ask if you have ever been arrested, if you say no and they find a record, expunged or not, and they will find it, you are out of there. If you say yes and explain that the charges were dropped, you are out of there. There are exceptions, but an arrest of any kind is not a check mark in the plus column. I'm pro LEO, but what happened to these girls is despicable, as are no knock warrants, check points, and felony stops for parking tickets. Police presence, not police intimidation, is what I expect from our LEO's and elected officials. I am sure you see it differently.

Yup, I've seen first hand that people got diqualified for having dismissed charges. Compared to a similar candidate without the arrest why chance it?

Court case wozbean, not an internet post made by me. Your quote of me is spot on, but you need the proper court case to go along with it. Otherwise it could be misconstrued.

So you want a court case where a judge agreed with a LEO.

-----------------------

I am an engineer so I like to look at the facts. It just irritates the **** out of me when people automatically jump to one extreme or the other. When we had our issues (when I got my sig line) you would always give the LEO a pass and found your statement where a LEO should be trusted more than a judge, silly. Show me the facts then we'll decide. Both parties will give their "side".

Just like this story, the official report is nothing like the news report. I am VERY suspicious of the official report and am a little suspicious of the girl's account of it. I doubt all were on her car right away. Show me the video, I suspect the grocery store has some of the parking lot. If there were in fact 6 agents there I would expect they had at least 1 cam or at least microphone of it. Regardless of the facts here, the LEO's did over react, no night in jail was required.

I also guess it's time for a new sig.

Last edited:
Wrong, private searches only give what the data base allows. If they have access (one felony) and use the information in anyway (second felony) then they would be out of business fast.

I was not trying to diminish the original injustice by saying the record will not hurt them in the future. IF it stays on the record, and I imagine if will be expunged totally, it will not hurt them in the future.

I lived in VA when you get arrested it stays on your record unless you get it expunged I have had to go through that process when the Common Wealth Of Virgina dropped it charges against me.

Yup, I've seen first hand that people got disqualified for having dismissed charges. Compared to a similar candidate without the arrest why chance it?

Yep, seen it first hand doing backgrounds and have also seen state law enforcement records in more than a few states retained permanently denoting an initial criminal charge and then the next line the disposition of that charge.

All public info. SLED's on-line database would be one that I have looked at in the last week. That info is shared with NCIC. Many states put the onus on the individual not the state to remove that data. Virginia being one of them.

Last edited:
I lived in VA when you get arrested it stays on your record unless you get it expunged I have had to go through that process when the Common Wealth Of Virgina dropped it charges against me.

Exactly. It happens everywhere. Not just VA.

Did they ever find that dickhead Lt. Wilson guilty?

Dont know,

everytime I call the SO, no one will discuss it except the sheriff and he always says, "Come ask me that to my face" and hangs up.

Chance Oxner and the other cop Billy Shane Harrison got away scot free with murder.

must be nice to have a badge....

Last edited:
Dont know,

everytime I call the SO, no one will discuss it except the sheriff and he always says, "Come ask me that to my face" and hangs up.

Chance Oxner and the other cop got away scot free with murder.

must be nice to have a badge....

No thanks!!! My soul's not for sale.

Back
Top Bottom