• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Bear Creek Arsenal - Just Say No!

The cheapest thing I'll go low on is a ballistic advantage Hanson profile barrel. I think you can buy a whole Bear Creek arsenal setup for that. Also an ALG ACT trigger. Other than that everything gets paid for the hard way.

The cheapest thing I'll go low on is a ballistic advantage Hanson profile barrel. I think you can buy a whole Bear Creek arsenal setup for that. Also an ALG ACT trigger. Other than that everything gets paid for the hard way.
Oh come on man. E'erbody knows you're a secret fan boi of BCA. By the way, the two side charger uppers I had and you lowballed me on were sold last weekend to a buyer at the show. Sorry buddy. If I ever order any more I'll hook you up.

I have two thoughts on this! 1) did you have the bolt headspace with the barrel. Even though they are supposed to check its always good to have it double checked. 2) what was the ammo you were using! If it was corrosive it could have caused a problem also.

I went round and round with BCA last year over a 10.5 side charger. It would go almost into battery on a live round and then get stuck. And I mean slam the butt on a hard surface while pulling on the handle stuck. Sent it back twice. They " Cleaned and Inspected " it and sent it back to me. This pissed me off even more than usual. I finally sent a video of the dangerously stuck bolt on a new Federal 62 grain brass round . THEN...I shared this same experience on every YouTube video they had that I could find.
Suddenly they were emailing me and wanting to send me a shipping label along with a gift card for the amount of my upper. Now I have used BCA complete uppers before including side chargers and rear chargers with no problems. Then they sorta revamped their side charger with a more ergo sorta AK shaped charging handle that used an Allen head bolt and a steel pin that it sits down on. So it was two points of contact instead of the old round knurled handle with the bolt going through it which can work loose and fly off if you don't Loctite it.
Anyway I still like their side chargers and it's kinda their specialty. But their customer service blows donkey dicks.

I have two thoughts on this! 1) did you have the bolt headspace with the barrel. Even though they are supposed to check its always good to have it double checked. 2) what was the ammo you were using! If it was corrosive it could have caused a problem also.
I didn't double-check headspace, although I do have a go/no-go and field gauge for the round. I took it out of the box and to the back porch.

Ammo was Sellier and Bellot brass case ammo. Obviously non corrosive and not the hard Berdan primers.

Those photos were taken within a half an hour of opening the box.

Back
Top Bottom