• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Become a Supporter

I have no problem with giving $15 bucks. The fact that I can come to this community and ask a question that will most likely be answered due to the plethora of knowledge from thousand of members, list my gun for sale without having to pay a fee, ship, or put my bank account online... OR buy a gun without the hassle of gunbroker is worth it to me. I enjoy simply reading the forums and admiring other folks stuff.
Another thing I like is the admins here really take care of this site well. I imagine it takes a lot of time and effort and they do it well.

I would guess that this is a two way street, if it weren't for the many thousand of visitors that pass through, I doubt any sponsor would want to pay for advertising. I'm not saying that I oppose helping out, but I (personally) would be more apt to help out if it were on a membership basis without all the outside sponsoring. Of course, the day that I logged on the GGT and was redirected to here, it broke my heart......

Luke

I don't know when I have to re sign...

Click the settings tab top right. Once there on the left you will see a bunch of tabs. click the paid subscriptions tab. you will then see the date. you will also get notifications when your due. hope that helps

I would guess that this is a two way street, if it weren't for the many thousand of visitors that pass through, I doubt any sponsor would want to pay for advertising. I'm not saying that I oppose helping out, but I (personally) would be more apt to help out if it were on a membership basis without all the outside sponsoring. Of course, the day that I logged on the GGT and was redirected to here, it broke my heart......

Luke

It's definitely a two way street but like I said I have no problem with it. As for the perks etc... A larger mailbox is really nice and I've seen a lot of folks on here offer extras or discounts on items they have for sale if buyer is a site supporter. Also seen this if buyer is a member of the NRA.

Last edited:

Luke

Maybe Im misreading your post and I mean no offense but do you have something against this site because of adversting? Many features of this site cost OS money to get programmed, bandwith isnt free, and the equipment isnt either. Anyways the 15$ goes to making the site better.

Also you get more pm space and chances to win in more giveaways, especially the yearly giveaway.

I have no problem with giving $15 bucks. The fact that I can come to this community and ask a question that will most likely be answered due to the plethora of knowledge from thousand of members, list my gun for sale without having to pay a fee, ship, or put my bank account online... OR buy a gun without the hassle of gunbroker is worth it to me. I enjoy simply reading the forums and admiring other folks stuff.
Another thing I like is the admins here really take care of this site well. I imagine it takes a lot of time and effort and they do it well.

ill drop post #2000 here...you got that right and the effort to provide the ODT experience isnt free. there is an immense effort behind the scenes to keep things rollin'. i dont have to know OS or the crew because ive been deeply involved with several orgs and that it just how it goes. its often someone else making the effort or paying the way for others. the annual fee is nothing for the benefit of access to this site.

ill drop post #2000 here...you got that right and the effort to provide the ODT experience isnt free. there is an immense effort behind the scenes to keep things rollin'. i dont have to know OS or the crew because ive been deeply involved with several orgs and that it just how it goes. its often someone else making the effort or paying the way for others. the annual fee is nothing for the benefit of access to this site.

You hit the nail on the head. And while yes, a large amount of users is a big plus in regards to obtaining corporate sponsorship, the reality is there are VERY FEW site this efficient, professional, and enjoyable out there. Most of them are ****ty or like gunbroker, so again I say a $15 donation is completely justified and warranted.

I'm 64 yrs old and a Navy veteran. I've been in here for about 2 weeks now and in that time I've been talked down to several times. I guess people assume if your new you dont know anything and have no experience. All I've seen is a bunch of arguing, disagreements and bickering, I see no community in here. and nothing that would make me want to give $15 away.

I'm 64 yrs old and a Navy veteran. I've been in here for about 2 weeks now and in that time I've been talked down to several times. I guess people assume if your new you dont know anything and have no experience. All I've seen is a bunch of arguing, disagreements and bickering, I see no community in here. and nothing that would make me want to give $15 away.

I hate that you see it that way...I have been here since 2010 and have found that there is an immense amount of knowledge and community here..While there have always been a supply of "keyboard commandos" there are some genuinely good folks here.....you have come into this site during a time when it has seen a HUGE INFLUX of new people...many of which have tried to take advantage of the gun craze.....it makes some more crabby than others.....if you stick around long enough you may find that your observations change....or maybe not...

Thanks for your service....

I am sorry to hear that sir and thank you for your service!Recently I have noticed a lot of disrespect going on which is rather unfortunate but I have also posted several threads with questions and had many helpful answers and advice. I've also done about 7-8 deals in the last few months and every single person was honest and respectful.
I joined about a year ago and I will say that things have drastically changed over the course of the year and there are a lot of different (and different isn't always good) folks on here. I will chalk this up to several things, a large part possibly being the recent events in society resulting in threats against the 2nd amendment by the current administration and the inflation of prices.
All in all I think this is a community and there are some awesome and knowledgable folks on here. Like with anything there are also some a**holes. Gotta take the good with this bad. But this is a very unique and cool website.

Back
Top Bottom