• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Become a Supporter

I'm 64 yrs old and a Navy veteran. I've been in here for about 2 weeks now and in that time I've been talked down to several times. I guess people assume if your new you dont know anything and have no experience. All I've seen is a bunch of arguing, disagreements and bickering, I see no community in here. and nothing that would make me want to give $15 away.

Try Giving it some time....the group is a good group once you break past the "Pledge" Phase. Don't take anything personal and there are a lot of veterans on here...and being one you should be able to withstand a little **** talk.....the KEY IS TO NOT TAKE ANYTHING PERSONAL. If you want guns to sell for outrageous prices...go to Armslist and push that nonsense there. If you want to find a true gem every now and then while gaining friends in the process stick with the ODT.

And sometimes you have to contribute to a community before they aknowledge you. Just my .02$

I agree with Lynn and I have been watching this sight for a couple weeks after my brother in georgia told me about it. But theres not a lot if your out of the state and even thoug theres alot of helpful poeple there s alot that are very rude as well. I dont see exacty what 15 dollars is supporting other than lining the pockets of the sight owners not that theres anything wrong with that but notice how its called supporter and not member or something where you feel you actually are a customer instead of just one of 10000 supporters.It doesnt take a rocket scientist to do the math if you have 10000 supporters at 15 dollars a year thats $150000 a year!What does a web sight cost about $100 a year. I would be willing to become a supporter if there was an sign a decent chunk of money making the sight better and not just make the owners rich. Anyways I will see how it goes before I send any money in either.

I agree with Lynn and I have been watching this sight for a couple weeks after my brother in georgia told me about it. But theres not a lot if your out of the state and even thoug theres alot of helpful poeple there s alot that are very rude as well. I dont see exacty what 15 dollars is supporting other than lining the pockets of the sight owners not that theres anything wrong with that but notice how its called supporter and not member or something where you feel you actually are a customer instead of just one of 10000 supporters.It doesnt take a rocket scientist to do the math if you have 10000 supporters at 15 dollars a year thats $150000 a year!What does a web sight cost about $100 a year. I would be willing to become a supporter if there was an sign a decent chunk of money making the sight better and not just make the owners rich. Anyways I will see how it goes before I send any money in either.

Denver was so much cooler before the Hippies got there. Welcome to the Trader.

I just found this thread ( I was too busy lining my pockets to notice it), I'll start addressing some stuff in it and will start with this post as it made me literally laugh out loud. I am usually a very understanding and patient person but your web site cost estimate is just too ridiculous.

For starters, we do not have any where close to 10,000 supporters so we do not get $150,000 off supporter fees.

As for the cost of running the site, here are my invoices JUST for hosting from last year:

Capture.jpg

That's roughly $3,600, we are already at 36 times your estimate. Over the last year I easily spent the same amount on site development, that puts us at 72 times your estimate. There is also our giveaway day, annual meet-up, my time (easily 30-40 hours a week), attorney's fees, accountant fees, taxes, business license, etc. If I pay myself $5 an hour that puts the cost of just the stuff I can think of right now at well over $20,000 for last year, which if my math is correct is slightly higher than $100.

Supporter Benefits?

Do you get a vote?

Protection from the infractions?

Many years ago I messed around with a stripper at a nudey bar, we got into it and she wanted me banned from the establishment but the manager refused because I was a "supporter", does it work like that?

Luke

For being a supporter you get:

Access to the best giveaways

Larger PM inbox

Supporter tag under your name

Access to "The Feed," which is so good I never hit "What's New" anymore.

I just found this thread ( I was too busy lining my pockets to notice it), I'll start addressing some stuff in it and will start with this post as it made me literally laugh out loud. I am usually a very understanding and patient person but your web site cost estimate is just too ridiculous.

For starters, we do not have any where close to 10,000 supporters so we do not get $150,000 off supporter fees.

As for the cost of running the site, here are my invoices JUST for hosting from last year:

View attachment 155060

That's roughly $3,600, we are already at 36 times your estimate. Over the last year I easily spent the same amount on site development, that puts us at 72 times your estimate. There is also our giveaway day, annual meet-up, my time (easily 30-40 hours a week), attorney's fees, accountant fees, taxes, business license, etc. If I pay myself $5 an hour that puts the cost of just the stuff I can think of right now at well over $20,000 for last year, which if my math is correct is slightly higher than $100.

Steve....the 1/27-2/11 Bill is a little higher than others....What did we say about getting into the Mini Fridge while lining your pockets with our contributions lol.

Steve....the 1/27-2/11 Bill is a little higher than others....What did we say about getting into the Mini Fridge while lining your pockets with our contributions lol.

Sorry, I took mama out for a nice dinner and had me three Dr. Peppers :D

Back
Top Bottom