• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Becoming a fan of Kershaw

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
I've only recently been forced into the world of "expensive knives". I now own 3 knives that retail at, or above, $150. As special and superior as that makes me feel, I was humbled last week by a gift from my son. He knows I dig knives and bought me one to carry. Obviously, a 17yr old kid with no job has very little money to play with bit this knife represented a large portion of his disposal income. The fact that he chose to spend it on me was awesome in and of itself.

The coolest thing is, the knife he bought me has now become my EDC knife and I would seriously put it up against knives costing 5-10x what he paid for this one.

The knife is a Kershaw Crown and can be found for under $20. The grip is stainless with micarta insets and is built as solidly as my favorite Cold Steel Mini-Recon and actually has a little more "class" to it.

The hinge is solid with no slack and the liner lock locks the blade open firmly with no play.

The blade is 8CR13MoV and was sharp enough to shave right out of the box. Fit and finish were above expectations and the micarta panels fit seamlessly. The blade opens smoothly and locks up with confidence.

All in all I could not be happier with this "gentleman's kife".

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_07_04_5uhu9y2a.jpg

Nice... Kershaw has truly made improvements by leaps and bounds over the past few years!! But the one thing that is better than a great knife is a knife with a great story and a gift from your son is top of that list! Carry it proudly!

Back
Top Bottom