• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Been away from Guns for a bit

I think we have seen some gouging/increase in ammo prices, but I don't see an across the board run up in gun prices. Shotty's may be in demand on GB for pandemic protection, not sure why, but I think that's an anomaly, imho.

Fundamentally this is different than in the past. When we had the run on 22lr or the last AR shortage it was due to buying because people believed that we could have more restrictive gun laws.

Interesting for sure, but I don't think its a panic. Most places seem to be in stock, and shipping on a somewhat regular basis.

I think we have seen some gouging/increase in ammo prices, but I don't see an across the board run up in gun prices. Shotty's may be in demand on GB for pandemic protection, not sure why, but I think that's an anomaly, imho.

Fundamentally this is different than in the past. When we had the run on 22lr or the last AR shortage it was due to buying because people believed that we could have more restrictive gun laws.

Interesting for sure, but I don't think its a panic. Most places seem to be in stock, and shipping on a somewhat regular basis.

You think this is going to ease up between now and November or get worse? My guess is worse.

Shottys are more effective on viruses than bleach, recommended by 4 out of 5 operators

You think this is going to ease up between now and November or get worse? My guess is worse.

I think it will ease over the summer as we get back to something more normal. We might see a run later in the fall if we have another round of Covid, which is likely. One thing to consider is that politicians are itching to suspend our 2A rights, and suspending online sales of ammo/guns would not be out of the realm of possible if we see a spike in Covid. I would recommend that you opportunistically buy ammo over the summer when you see good prices. No need to panic buy unless you are @Hayata

sky is falling.jpg

I am stocked - not going plinking until the prices come down and save what I have. That being said I use what I paid for in the past (1000 9mm FMJ shipped for $185 & 1000 5.56 FMJ 55GN store $299) and it is coming down but slow.

Worst case scenario for me I have to hit up my storage unit, but not everyone is in that boat. If OP is looking to sell some stuff, there will probably be a good opportunity before too long.

Back
Top Bottom