• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Benchmade Mini Infidel can't put it back together!!!!

When my son was a kid, he tipped over a tripod in my studio and knocked something loose in the crank handle of a 5500 dollar medium format camera. I could have sent it to the shop and had it repaired for a couple hundred since nothing was bent or broken...just some internal crank parts knocked loose. But I figured I'd just take it apart and fix it myself. Holy Mother of God! It was like taking apart a Swiss watch. I got it apart and even figured out what was wrong...fixed it...but spent the next 5 or 6 hours trying to put all the tiny little parts back where I thought they went. I finally gave up and bagged up all the little springs, screws and doodads to take it to the shop in the morning, and I went to bed. Sometime in the middle of the night, I sprung up from dead sleep somehow knowing exactly where I was going wrong. I dumped the little bag of goodies on to a paper towel and spent about half an hour putting it all back together like a boss. I got about another 15 years of service out of that camera before everything went freaking digital and I sold it on Ebay for 1500. Sometimes I think you just have to step back and let your brain reset.

That's an awesome story! Yeah, once I figured out how it worked, it took literally, 20-30min. Not one post or website online shows how to(since it isn't recommended). I thought about posting a video hahaha

Back
Top Bottom