• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Benchmade Mini Infidel can't put it back together!!!!

Anyone have any idea how to put it back together!!! Ugh, besides "I'm stupid" anyone know how? Took it apart to clean it and now can't figure what goes where! If anyone wonders why OTF Auto knives cost so much, there 8000 parts and it's puts together like a handmade watch! Help!!!
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_04_07_re4e7u6a.jpg

If nothing else works call Benchmade. If all else fails ship it back and let them reassemble and update it for you.

When my son was a kid, he tipped over a tripod in my studio and knocked something loose in the crank handle of a 5500 dollar medium format camera. I could have sent it to the shop and had it repaired for a couple hundred since nothing was bent or broken...just some internal crank parts knocked loose. But I figured I'd just take it apart and fix it myself. Holy Mother of God! It was like taking apart a Swiss watch. I got it apart and even figured out what was wrong...fixed it...but spent the next 5 or 6 hours trying to put all the tiny little parts back where I thought they went. I finally gave up and bagged up all the little springs, screws and doodads to take it to the shop in the morning, and I went to bed. Sometime in the middle of the night, I sprung up from dead sleep somehow knowing exactly where I was going wrong. I dumped the little bag of goodies on to a paper towel and spent about half an hour putting it all back together like a boss. I got about another 15 years of service out of that camera before everything went freaking digital and I sold it on Ebay for 1500. Sometimes I think you just have to step back and let your brain reset.

Back
Top Bottom