• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Benchmade vs Spyderco

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_06_28_y9a4adav.jpg

This guy has been doin' work for the past 5+ months mostly. 154cm blade and nicked me the other day....so dern sharp I just felt the pressure..

I carry two Benchmades as part of my EDC. One is a working blade that I use a lot and the other is kept razor sharp at all times.

+1 on this method. The blade will deploy just as fast if not faster than an auto.

Yep and most of the time the pocket clips are oriented so you can get the proper grip to do a flick open as you draw the knife. With a little practice it's very fast. You can open this way with the blade forward or dagger grip. I draw dagger grip with my left had from the left pocket and blade forward with the right hand from the right pocket. It can be done simultaneously.

I just don't like that giant hole the spydercos are known for. I like sleek and slender blades.
I've used my Spyderco Assist while working at the fire department. It has served me well and without failure for the six years that I have owned it. The large hole in the blade makes it easier to open while wearing thick gloves such as the ones worn with our turnout gear or our extrication gloves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom