Bergara Rifles

cr107

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
167   0
Reaction score
Ive seen a few Bergara rifles pop up recently. How do you guys like them? Ive been looking at the B14 HMR in .308 to buy as a precision gun and suppressor host rifle. Have to save up a bit but they seem like good entry options for what I'm looking for.

Also been looking at them and everyone I've talked to have loved them. You get a lot for your money with the hmr. I'm sure it's not the best platform out there for long range shooting but prob costs half as much as anything better.

Also been looking at them and everyone I've talked to have loved them. You get a lot for your money with the hmr. I'm sure it's not the best platform out there for long range shooting but prob costs half as much as anything better.

Not looking for anything crazy, never shoot that far. Seems like a good starter rifle to move up to a custom gun one day.

I have a premier I got from another member. All things considered, excellent value. Smoothness of the action and trigger are really nice. I also have a Tikka A1 and I like it too but the action is not as smooth, yet anyway. Nice trigger on it too. Comparable price.

Maybe Burdy Burdy will comment, he might know something

If you are going to shoot matches the barrel profile will likely be too small for most people's taste. Outside of that scenario, I think it's an outstanding value. While both the 6.5 Creedmoor and the 308 are guaranteed at under 1 MOA of accuracy I can tell you the 6.5 Creedmoor caliber in that particular gun consistently shoots at closer to half of that or better right out of the box. If you just want an inexpensive gun to shoot long range with, with the exception of a of a high volume match, or you are just looking for a Precision hunting rifle it's going to be tough to beat for the money.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

If you are going to shoot matches the barrel profile will likely be too small for most people's taste. Outside of that scenario, I think it's an outstanding value. While both the 6.5 Creedmoor and the 308 are guaranteed at under 1 MOA of accuracy I can tell you the 6.5 Creedmoor caliber in that particular gun consistently shoots at closer to half of that or better right out of the box. If you just want an inexpensive gun to shoot long range with, with the exception of a of a high volume match, or you are just looking for a Precision hunting rifle it's going to be tough to beat for the money.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Not going to shoot matches, but something I wouldn't hesitate to try a long range shot with. I want a bolt gun host, and I haven't been happy with the last few R700's Ive purchased. I don't hunt but want to get into it, so this would be nice as well. Were moving to a property with 30 acres, so I will have some room to play. May even look at the 6.5.

Back
Top Bottom