• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best .300blkout hunting setup

The rig that was the genesis for this thread. I’m not an urban sniper but the rig has proven to be a handy late night dispatcher of the armadillos in the yard that are digging under my porch.
Its kinda heavy to carry in the woods for deer so I was wondering about lighter weight options and expanding subs for deer neck shots at 50-60 yds. Subsonic suppressed is addicting.
Gun is very accurate, just heavy. I was even considering cutting the 16.5” barrel and doing a pin/weld on the muzzle break/can adapter to reduce weight and keep 16” rifle status.
Maybe a lightweight chassis. Could always do the ttx supers when leaves are all gone and longer shots possible.
Heck, for a short range gun like this even a barrel spiral flute is on the table lol.
Only thing that gives me pause is I don’t think they made a whole lot of these in .300blckout.
SBR.

Tempting but I can cut barrel to a little over 14” and then pin/weld the brake to save me $200 and being on a list. So is it worth it to SBR? Only NFA stuff I have is suppressor.
How does SBR paperwork go? Submit, wait and then cut when you get stamp?
Or does whole rifle have to wait in jail at FFL while I wait on stamp?

Guess I’m not the only one looking for options for the .300blkout AAC-SD.

Tempting but I can cut barrel to a little over 14” and then pin/weld the brake to save me $200 and being on a list. So is it worth it to SBR? Only NFA stuff I have is suppressor.
How does SBR paperwork go? Submit, wait and then cut when you get stamp?
Or does whole rifle have to wait in jail at FFL while I wait on stamp?
cut after you get the stamp, it takes a month on average. I efiled my sbrs. if you own a suppressor...it is the same list.

Anybody in here run the federal fusion 150s. I know those aren’t subsonic but just curious how the report worked on deer. First time trying them out

running them out of a 16 inch Ruger American

Anybody in here run the federal fusion 150s. I know those aren’t subsonic but just curious how the report worked on deer. First time trying them out

running them out of a 16 inch Ruger American

A buddy who hunts in Monroe county and Thomaston does. He gets about 1.5 - 2 MOA out of a RRA 16 inch upper. He’s killed several does with it. Run very little. I would recommend them over subs.

A buddy who hunts in Monroe county and Thomaston does. He gets about 1.5 - 2 MOA out of a RRA 16 inch upper. He’s killed several does with it. Run very little. I would recommend them over subs.
I’m hoping to get better than that with running a bolt gun. It was either those or the Hornady 110 GMX. I know Hornady makes great stuff I just wanted a little heavier round.

I’m hoping to get better than that with running a bolt gun. It was either those or the Hornady 110 GMX. I know Hornady makes great stuff I just wanted a little heavier round.

Hornady black too. I would recommend the 150 fusions over Hornady though. Just based off of mass alone. You’re shooting a more accurate .30-30 at this point.

Back
Top Bottom