• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best additive to clean fuel injectors and increase gas mileage?

You will need to run 2 complete tanks of ethanol free gas before you get the full benefit. It takes a while for the fuel control system to re-learn the settings.

The BG stuff is not bad. I didn't find it to be really any better or worse than most of what else is out there. What year and engine do you have in your Jetta? VW makes a fuel additive for the direct injection gas motors that is excellent.

All of them will have a little benefit but clean fuel filter and clean air filter should be the first thing changed most quality gas (shell, chevron,bp) should keep the injection system sum what clean but seafood is probably the best

Is it a GDI motor? If so, the issue may be the carbon buildup on the intake valves, as with GDI the fuel is inserted into the cylinder after the valves and so they never get cleaned... Older motors injected the atomized gas further upstream and so that fuel mixture would essentially "wash over" the intake valves and clean them fairly well as you drove. GDI doesn't do that and a lot of motors are having intake valve carbon buildup issues as a result.

Is it a GDI motor? If so, the issue may be the carbon buildup on the intake valves, as with GDI the fuel is inserted into the cylinder after the valves and so they never get cleaned... Older motors injected the atomized gas further upstream and so that fuel mixture would essentially "wash over" the intake valves and clean them fairly well as you drove. GDI doesn't do that and a lot of motors are having intake valve carbon buildup issues as a result.
I sold the one I had. The oil smelled of gas after 500 miles.
I heard some new Toyotas are also injecting before the valves to fix the problem.

Back
Top Bottom