• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best additive to clean fuel injectors and increase gas mileage?

I sold the one I had. The oil smelled of gas after 500 miles.
I heard some new Toyotas are also injecting before the valves to fix the problem.

The only way for automakers to meet mileage requirements was to go to GDI setups. The downside is that the valves get super nasty and bad carbon buildups... Around that same time, most of the automakers shortened their powertrain warranties to only 3yr/36k miles...

Coincidence?

There are ways to clean them, but the best way is by hand, by going in and blasting the intakes and back of the valves... Other ways the dealers do them is to spray stuff in that breaks up the carbon deposits, but that method throws all that junk into motor and it's very abrasive and can score up the cylinder walls...

Only cleaners with PEA have been proven by automakers to clean the engines and not leave behind its own deposits. Techron, Gumout.

I think seafoam or amsoil have a aerosol that I put into the air intake while running to clean the valve and cylinders where gas would not be injected

Ive used BG fuel system cleaner and their crankcase cleaner. I didnt have any scientific findings from using either other than my oil came out jet black after the crankcase cleaner. I talked to the rep over the phone about some issues I was trying to remedy and he was very helpful. Their stuff gets great reviews on amazon too.

A lot of guys have the valves cleaned by bead blasting them, and then installing a catch-can to keep the oily air from the crankcase vent from going into the intake to begin with...

Back
Top Bottom