• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best and worst places to survive the apocalypse

Given that your in Smyrna, it isn't that far from Atlanta. Heck I'm up in Acworth and feel the population grown in just the last few years. With 57,000 people in Smyrna food will dwindle pretty quick with out shipments coming in weekly let alone the people in the surrounding areas looking for greener pastures outside the city limits. Hungry people are desperate and will shoot at shadows to steal what food they think the other may have. Hard to take care of a garden with out getting shot.

Yeah, I'm too close-in for optimal post-apocalypse survival. Some day I hope to be able to afford a vacation home... err... bug out location a good bit farther out of the ATL vicinity.

Every one Will have there own opinion on this topic, no one will really b wrong. I'm not leaving my area unless forced to, I rather right and stand with the people I know. Allot, has to do with the situation that is happening in Your area, before you but out. Just, my opinion. But, you guess who write on this thread always have good information for me to learn.

Springfield Mass has some validity. At least as far as the government is concerned. When I worked for GSA, there was an offsite location close to there that had backup servers/storage that we'd have to go maintain.

Remember, the thread is in regards to Nuclear holocaust/appocalypse.first challenge is being outside blast radius. Second is fallout. Then, you can worry about game and defenses.

To answer the OP's question.....the best and worst place would be with the Clintons in their bunker. You would survive until they decided that you were expendable.

Frank to Bill and Hill: Where's Bob......I haven't seen him in a few days.
Bill: I did not have...uhhhm.....I mean Bob's gone.
Frank: What happened to him? He seemed fine last time I saw him.
Hillary: He died in an unfortunate plane crash.
Frank: How could he die in a plane crash? We're in an underground bunker.

Shortly after, Frank was mugged and died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the back of his head. Fortunately, none of his personal property was stolen and Bill and Hillary have since announced that Bob was the perpetrator and justice has been served.

Every one Will have there own opinion on this topic, no one will really b wrong. I'm not leaving my area unless forced to, I rather right and stand with the people I know. Allot, has to do with the situation that is happening in Your area, before you but out. Just, my opinion. But, you guess who write on this thread always have good information for me to learn.

I’m staying put until I know which way the wind is blowing, both literally and figuratively.

I think if something were to happen, it would come from an EMP. Either naturally or man made. Nuclear war is a possibility as well, but so is the Yellowstone Super Volcano erupting.

In either scenario, i'm sticking it out at the house. No way am I lugging all gear that I've collected over the years anywhere. Heck the food alone would burden me and my family, let alone all my survival supplies.

Back
Top Bottom