• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best and worst places to survive the apocalypse

Most Atlantans idea of roughing it is a day trip up Blood Mtn or a weekend camping trip in Vogal or Unicoi SP. If they made it up here (the mountains) they'd stick out like a sore thumb, have no idea who owns what and wouldn't last long as we don't like trespassers and have guns and backhoes. My advice to the flat landers is, don't try to run up here you'll only die tired.
You'll catch me on the Duncan Ridge trail where everyone is sucking

I remember when we were chastised and mocked for thinking about this stuff, and now its so in the mainstream a place like realtor.com will talk about it.

A small village in Siberia, Russia, would be a good place to be.
Nothing will change there! Food shortages, lack of reliable electricity, bitter cold, etc.
Plenty of wood for building things and making fires. Plenty of water, and game in the woods.
Low population density.
Siberian-Village.jpg

Most Atlantans idea of roughing it is a day trip up Blood Mtn or a weekend camping trip in Vogal or Unicoi SP. If they made it up here (the mountains) they'd stick out like a sore thumb, have no idea who owns what and wouldn't last long as we don't like trespassers and have guns and backhoes. My advice to the flat landers is, don't try to run up here you'll only die tired.

Love mountain folk!

My Grandmother was from Blue Ridge.

I have heard enough to know you ain't lying.

-She always said "Bunch of carpetbaggers came up here after the war. They found their way to the bottom of a lot of wells."

I love it up there. Definitely could see myself retiring to the mountains.

Back
Top Bottom