• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best bait for brook trout

What part of Penn are you in? I used to travel with my job and fly fished a couple streams there that were awesome. The Lackawanna in Scranton for big browns and Spring creek in College Station for a ton of browns. Beautiful country in Pennsylvania.

PICS OF THIS BAIT?

You've never pulleded the rounded caps off of a wasp nest?

You've never busted open a dirtdobber nest to see the larva and the spiders inside?

This isn't something you buy in the store, you have to go out and find it for yourself.

Careful when fishing the Chattahoochee, im not sure if it is still illegal but you CANNOT use corn in the ‘Hooch..... DNR will write you a nice ticket.

I havent been in about 10 yrs but this used to be the law.....i am sure some of the more experienced fisher guys can chime in and clarify.

Good luck and have fun !!

Careful when fishing the Chattahoochee, im not sure if it is still illegal but you CANNOT use corn in the ‘Hooch..... DNR will write you a nice ticket.

I havent been in about 10 yrs but this used to be the law.....i am sure some of the more experienced fisher guys can chime in and clarify.

Good luck and have fun !!

I'm pretty sure that is during the delayed harvest, artificial only section.

If you're on the hooch (north of lanier)
All those rich folks have feeders and they feed the same food as hatchery.

All you need is corn, worms (hand dug are better imo) and power bait the color of fish pellets.

I like the salmon egg hooks but everyone has their preference.

Go anytime NOT dead of summer.

Works more rainbow than anything. But I've caught perch, cats, bass and Brooks all off my trout setup.

Back
Top Bottom