• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best bluing gunsmith in Atlanta &columbus area?

batboy2000

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
23   0
Reaction score
I have a 2020 python in stainless steel, and want it to be blued. However I prefer someone who doesn’t ruin the markings (pony) during the proces, because last time i had my 1911 cerakoted and it screwed up the pony mark :/ . i know bluing is totally different than cerakoting but I just wanna make sure markings and barcode stays just like factory, and looking for someone who knows what he’s doing despite the cost.

The only gunsmith that I have allowed to blue any guns for me, in the past few years, is in Spencer, NY. He has done four or five guns for me and does an excellent job. The name of his place is Mountain Top Firearms and Gunsmithing. He is a member of another forum that I am a moderator on. Oh yeah, he does have a facebook page.

The only gunsmith that I have allowed to blue any guns for me, in the past few years, is in Spencer, NY. He has done four or five guns for me and does an excellent job. The name of his place is Mountain Top Firearms and Gunsmithing. He is a member of another forum that I am a moderator on. Oh yeah, he does have a facebook page.
Thank you for your information! But I’m trying to find gunsmith anywhere within my state (Georgia), so i can actually have conversation and see the process with my eyes

Ford custom refinishing in Crystal River Florida are the best around. Been in business 40 + years. They have finished about 18 for me and all excellent job! They stay about 5 months behind! They have website with lot of pictures of their work!

Right across the Alabama line is APW Cogan. Have used them a couple of times with good results.

My rule of thumb is if you do not see at least 5 Pythons on their sight move on....
They have some nice stuff but no Pythons...

I have a 2020 python in stainless steel, and want it to be blued. However I prefer someone who doesn’t ruin the markings (pony) during the proces, because last time i had my 1911 cerakoted and it screwed up the pony mark :/ . i know bluing is totally different than cerakoting but I just wanna make sure markings and barcode stays just like factory, and looking for someone who knows what he’s doing despite the cost.
Why change it sir?

Back
Top Bottom