• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best CC fixed blade knife???

Really liking the ESEE knives after seeing the fan base on here as well as the web.

I know nothing about knives to be honest. I carry my SOG or Gerber clipped in my back pocket. Looking for something a little more serious in a fixed setup that I could carry everyday and it not be too much.

I'm liking the Candiru but it seems small. I like the Izula but which do yall prefer the I or II? What's the differences? Would the ESEE 3 be too big?

I will probably appendix carry FYI. Might neck carry but have never done that or seen anyone do it. Just need a little guidance here. Thanks

Last edited:
If a gun is in no way an option, then a fixed blade knife is definitely better than nothing as long as the user understands their (both the person & the knife's) limitations. Also it would be a very good idea to seek out instruction from a qualified expert.

In addition to ESEE there are several good options to pick from.

For example: Kabar TDI (recommended)
Gerber Yari & Guardian
Spyderco Streetbeat
Any 4" or less Tanto
TOPS Felony Stop (shaneadams90 showed me this one)
Blackhawk Crucible & Kalista ( the Crucible is highly regarded in many circles & a favorite)
Karambits (definitely recommend training w/ them if that is one chosen).

I would also encourage you to research the laws & ordinances of whatever areas you might be in to make sure that you are in compliance.

If a gun is in no way an option, then a fixed blade knife is definitely better than nothing as long as the user understands their (both the person & the knife's) limitations. Also it would be a very good idea to seek out instruction from a qualified expert.

In addition to ESEE there are several good options to pick from.

For example: Kabar TDI (recommended)
Gerber Yari & Guardian
Spyderco Streetbeat
Any 4" or less Tanto
TOPS Felony Stop (shaneadams90 showed me this one)
Blackhawk Crucible & Kalista ( the Crucible is highly regarded in many circles & a favorite)
Karambits (definitely recommend training w/ them if that is one chosen).

I would also encourage you to research the laws & ordinances of whatever areas you might be in to make sure that you are in compliance.

I have a KaBar TDI and an Esse 3 and you really can't go wrong with either. The Esse 3 is a little larger but is easily concealable and it really isn't that heavy or bulky. Go with Esse.....you'll be hooked!

IF you need to conceal carry a knife then you are only going to use it when you have to so the main needs should not lead you toward tough/durable/etc but penetration and slashing. That, along with conceal-ability may make you want to consider either the CRKT hissatsu or possibly the cold steel kobun. If you really feel froggy, the crkt shinbu or hisshou will give you more reach but not bulk. Those are purpose built blades for which you may also want to get some training

IF you need to conceal carry a knife then you are only going to use it when you have to so the main needs should not lead you toward tough/durable/etc but penetration and slashing. That, along with conceal-ability may make you want to consider either the CRKT hissatsu or possibly the cold steel kobun. If you really feel froggy, the crkt shinbu or hisshou will give you more reach but not bulk. Those are purpose built blades for which you may also want to get some training

Agreed... good choices too.

Back
Top Bottom