• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best CC fixed blade knife???

Here they are in the sheaths. I substituted my class knife 3 for the Orange handle 3 previously pictured as I have a fire kit attached to it's sheath.

image.jpg

I carry an Esee . Strictly for personal protection. My Chris English Z automatic is used on everything else. Knife is last resort , .380 will be used first

Pocket carry a Kahr CW380 and want an EDC fixed blade. Thank you all for the response. Decided on an Izula. Maybe the II model. The Candiru seems a bit small. May go ahead and buy one to keep in my truck. Definitely getting an ESEE 3 for hunting purposes. When it comes to big knives, I assume use my Gerber machete. I'm pretty hard on them. Broke 2 in the past 3 years. But they are cheap and hold an edge well. Gotta stop chopping down trees with them to clear shooting lanes. Gotta start remembering to bring my chainsaw :)

DirtySouth thanks for the post brother. REALLY helped me out.

Pocket carry a Kahr CW380 and want an EDC fixed blade. Thank you all for the response. Decided on an Izula. Maybe the II model. The Candiru seems a bit small. May go ahead and buy one to keep in my truck. Definitely getting an ESEE 3 for hunting purposes. When it comes to big knives, I assume use my Gerber machete. I'm pretty hard on them. Broke 2 in the past 3 years. But they are cheap and hold an edge well. Gotta stop chopping down trees with them to clear shooting lanes. Gotta start remembering to bring my chainsaw :)

DirtySouth thanks for the post brother. REALLY helped me out.

The he candiru is small. I keep it around my neck as a backup when it the woods or sometimes in town during the winter months, when it can be hid.

I gave one to my oldest daughter a couple years ago she was 7 and she carries hers when we go hiking or backpacking.

I personally like the extra handle length of the Izula II over the original, but either one would fill the EDC role nicely.

As as far as machetes, buy a Martindale. I surveyed for 12 years and still occasionally help out on the side, and still have my 2nd machete. The first was a hand me down that was heavily used that eventually broke. The one I have now has been sharpened and used so much, it's getting thin in the middle area, but I have one or two sitting in my bldg. waiting to be called up. Martindale or Collins is what surveyors use, and for a good reason.

I'm liking the Candiru but it seems small. I like the Izula but which do yall prefer the I or II? What's the differences? Would the ESEE 3 be too big?

The Candiru is a great knife, I have owned 3. It is a little small for me. I prefer the Izula myself. The izula II is a great knife as well. Same cutting edge but has a 1/4" longer handle. The izula II also comes with handle scales and the izula does not.

The ESEE 3 is my absolutely favorite knife. I have one that is attached to my EDC pack and it never leaves. It is the knife I find myself grabbing and using the most.

You don't need a weapon. Just curl up in a ball on the ground and scream like a little girl. It has always worked for me.

Got a mint Camillus CQB2 knife by Bob Terzuola that's highly regarded online. These are rare, and have been out of production for some time. Straight, no serrations, ATS-34 steel tempered to RC59. Hand blended canvas micarta grip. May put it up.. never used or carried.

You should look into self defense training if you have no experience with knives for personal defense. Spend the money and get a quality knife like a Spyderco, Benchmade or something along those lines.

Back
Top Bottom