• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best CC fixed blade knife???

Izula II is a great EDC. I have a few ESEE's that I'll snap a picture of later on to give you an idea of sizes.

Got one that will be here tomorrow. Concerned a bit about the short blade length as the Kabar/ ESEE Eskabar w/ a blade a little over 3" has been perfect for most uses. For example, I sectioned a big apple today at a traffic light w/ it for breakfast this morning & then used it to (safely) open one of those ridiculous blister packages after that.

Izula II is a great EDC. I have a few ESEE's that I'll snap a picture of later on to give you an idea of sizes.

By the way guys... Shane who owns Bear Creek Bikes is a knifedealer now & has got a good selection of ESEE knives as well as some Spydercos, other knives, & various outdoor gear. His shop is (less than 1 mile) right off of exit #333/Walnut Ave in Dalton.

If you're up this way or passing by that exit doing X-mas shopping stop in & see his shop.
It is first class just like the owner.

By the way guys... Shane who owns Bear Creek Bikes is a knifedealer now & has got a good selection of ESEE knives as well as some Spydercos, other knives, & various outdoor gear. His shop is (less than 1 mile) right off of exit #333/Walnut Ave in Dalton.

If you're up this way or passing by that exit doing X-mas shopping stop in & see his shop.
It is first class just like the owner.

I had no idea he was dealing knives! That is awesome news!

I would take a class from a martial arts instructor specific to knife fighting.

Ask that instructor for recommendations on a particular make and model (or just style) of knife.

I had no idea he was dealing knives! That is awesome news!

Yeah. It's hard up this way to actually get hands on decent knives outside of the big box stores that I don't care for.
He has a good selection of ESEE's that he keeps adding to.
Plus I think he's taken/ taking/ hosting more classes from them than he has w/ me:).

I would take a class from a martial arts instructor specific to knife fighting.

Ask that instructor for recommendations on a particular make and model (or just style) of knife.

There are some pretty good ones out there that (as you mentioned) specialize in the defensive use of a knife.

I would be concerned about the negative perception of a jury/ the legal system since a knife is the weapon choice of lots of B.G.'s but if a gun is not an option "verbal judo" , a rape whistle, & a rolled up magazine will only get you so far...

I am also limited at work, not only no guns, but no "weapons" of any kind - terminology purposely designed to be vague. Professional life is often a constraint that way. I carry a large folding knife as most people don't consider it a weapon, but also have neck knife, a CRKT Folts minimalist:

g_ecx.images_amazon.com_images_G_01_th_aplus_crkt_crkt_2387_MinBowie_sheath_lg.jpg

If I were able to conceal a fixed blade I would choose a Mora Craftline:

images.knifecenter.com_thumb_1500x1500_knifecenter_frostswed_images_FT511a.jpg
\

I like both of these knives because they have usable finger choils to keep you from cutting yourself if you actually have to use them for any gruesome work.

Here's a Dpx Hest 2.0 folder that I edc, my candiru, wife's Izula, my Izula II, 3, and Junglas. For camping, The 3 is hard to beat but for EDC in public, I'd go with the Izula II or Izula.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom