• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best hand guns of all time ? Plus best 9mm

I agree with those who posted 1911 .45, and Browning Hi Power 9mm as fine shooters, but for "all round" service I find the S&W 3913 the best. Carry comfort, accuracy, safe (de cocker), reasonably compact, not too heavy and the ambi. safeties make slide cocking easier for older hands. (And if you need more than 9 rounds you're in the wrong neighborhood :bolt:lol).
View attachment 2382690
The old DA/SA semiauto Smiths are excellent guns.

Best handgun I've ever shot? A tie between my High Standard "Victor" and my buddy's S&W model 41. Both are .22 target pistols that will let you win any competition you'd ever enter, short of the Olympics.

Best 9mm-- I think a gunsmith-tuned Browing Hi Power (P35) is about perfect for a range gun or, for gun experts who practice a lot, a carry pistol for defense. For non-experts and casual gun owners, the CZ-75, the original version with the DA/SA trigger, is good. I've got a lot of trigger time on an Italian-made copy, the Tanfoglio TZ-75, from back in the late 1980s when Czechoslovakia was still part of the Iron Curtain / Warsaw Pact nations, and their guns could not be imported into the USA.

Back
Top Bottom