• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best kit for a beginner?

I just picked up a rock chucker master reloading kit that I need to post for sale. I already have a rock chucker, went to buy a case of primers from Carolina and the guy had this kit, looks like he never took stuff out of the box except for the manual. Maybe I should grab a couple pics and post it for sail as it’s a great kit.

280ai 7 mag 300prc 7.62x39 270 308 are my main goals
The RC can easily handle those and produce great accuracy. I have loaded thousands of rounds on mine and still get great concentricity results. I have used many of the different brands but the bulk of my reloading tools are RCBS. They are long lasting and the company stood behind their product the one time I had an issue.
Dillon also is great for customer service.
Sounds like you might be able to make a deal with Freshly Minted Georgian! Freshly Minted Georgian! .

One separate bit of advice that I can give - make sure however you mount your press - if you can, make it utterly stable.

You can put wing nuts on to bolt it down - anything you like if you want it removable, but make sure once it's bolted down, the sucker doesn't move. Your future self will be grateful.

I didn't go the Inline Fabrication route. I built a very small standing-height shelf to mount the press on. That's not to throw shade on IF - if I needed a convenient way of mounting and demounting a press fast, that's exactly what I'd go for.

IMG_20231127_172558_HDR.jpg

Reactions: GFB
If you make it to the Buford area, I would be happy to show you the ropes. I keep 5 presses set all the time. A single stage and 4 decked out Dillions from the 550 to the 1100 and can explain to you the difference in all the presses. Explain to you about the entire process from getting brass, prepping and cleaning the brass, loading the brass and finally checking a completed round. I have several manuals and many many tools needed for doing everything. I will even show/explain to you how the Labradar works. Send me a PM if interested.

To OP, avoid the older Lee 1000 unless you like fiddling with stuff constantly to get it to run right. The primer system is the bulk of my frustration.

If you make it to the Buford area, I would be happy to show you the ropes. I keep 5 presses set all the time. A single stage and 4 decked out Dillions from the 550 to the 1100 and can explain to you the difference in all the presses. Explain to you about the entire process from getting brass, prepping and cleaning the brass, loading the brass and finally checking a completed round. I have several manuals and many many tools needed for doing everything. I will even show/explain to you how the Labradar works. Send me a PM if interested.

Wanna cut one of those dillons loose?

Back
Top Bottom