• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best kit for a beginner?

Wanna cut one of those dillons loose?

I should since I never use the smaller ones after getting their bigger presses, it’s just hard to let them go.
[/QUOTE]

I started with a Lee Anniversary (single stage) press kit 24 years ago, then sold that a few years later and went with a Lee Turret press. After learning the fundamentals on the single stage press, I wanted to be able to get more done on each cartridge, so chose the turret press. It's still a single operation with each crank of the lever, but you can turn the turret between cranks to progress to the next stage. Both presses were mounted on two layers of 3/4" plywood with bolts. When reloading, I simply clamped the mounted press to my workbench. For cleaning brass, I first used a Lyman tumbler with media like walnut shells, but that made a lot of dust, so when I upgraded to the better press, I went with Frankford Arsenal's enclosed tumbler that uses stainless steel pins for the media and a liquid detergent. Cabela's closed early the day I purchased an all new reloading setup. I bought everything except the actual bullets. Reloaded .45 Long Colt for Cowboy Action Shooting.

I just picked up a rock chucker master reloading kit that I need to post for sale. I already have a rock chucker, went to buy a case of primers from Carolina and the guy had this kit, looks like he never took stuff out of the box except for the manual. Maybe I should grab a couple pics and post it for sail as it’s a great kit.
How much?

A Rock Chucker will stay on your bench weather you use it a month or like me for the last 7 years. I'm putting a Dillon 550 together now and currently cutting my progressive teat on a mec 650 12ga. Lee manual and the Lyman manual would be my suggestion for the starter and the followed by the hornady manual. These 3 (I have more) have done it for me for the last seven years or so. You don't need a lot of space

Attachments

• 20231125_081704.jpg
    20231125_081704.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom