• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best ODT gun purchase

Traded a bushmaster varmint rifle with a scope and 100 rounds for 2 wasr 10/63, 1k rounds, and 6 magazines. Even trade. I regret getting rid of both of the wasr rifles, I've been having an ak variant itch, more so as of late.

Paid 600 for a Ruger SR1911 lightweight commander, Blackhawk holster, set of VZ grip, 400 rounds of fmj, and 25 rounds of Federal HST hollowpoints. This was about 2 years ago.

I purchased a 1951 Marlin 39a "Peanut" several months ago. I most likely paid too much and drove too far for the meet. But, none of that matters. I have wanted a "Peanut" for years because it was only made one year, my birthyear. I missed out on one nearly two years ago because I wanted to negotiate over $50. The seller sold it to someone else. So this time, I just bought it. I am thrilled to have it, and because of it's significance to me, this is my best ODT gun purchase.

Had a DDM4v1 for sale and an old user here (bama) offered me a good trade for it. I went to his place he invited me in and we did the trade. Two other members from ODT were there too for a UGA game that was on.

They all encouraged me to stay and I did, it was a good time. I had good food and good drink and great conversation with all of them.

I ended up becoming friends with the trader and he just disappeared one day, I still don’t know what happened to him.
He evaporated without a trace, his AR business also disappeared.

The overall experience of ODT is the plus. I have met some of the nicest folks on here and still chat with a bunch of them when things come up. @patracy keeps me from buiding something that'll get me in trouble, cmshoot cmshoot answers my crazy gun and tactic questions, @mikey357 and I chat about gun and ammo stuff, @ReservoirDawg10 steered me in the right direction on a project I'm starting, the dealers like @TruPrep @DAHLONEGA GOLD AND PAWN have just about anything I can want, not to mention the countless members that have let me know when something harder to find pops up in stock or they have an extra and will sell it. The whole experience is positive in my book.
and I finance all your new builds by buying up your cast offs!! ;)

Drove up to Gainesville area to meet a guy and trade him a S&W of some sort for a plain nothing fancy Browning A bolt in 308 and then drove to Dawsonville I think it was to trade another guy that A bolt for a deluxe edition A bolt in 308. I wanted that fancy rifle and he wanted a plain rifle....he wouldnt sell only trade. Took about a week to work out and set up, but everyone was happy in the end. That was about year 2 of ODT.

Met a ton of cool guys on here and left one jack leg standing in a parking lot with less than the agreed price still in his hand...jaw still on the ground as my taillights went out of sight!! Other than him its been all good deals.

Back
Top Bottom