• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best rod and reel?

Thanks for the insight fellas. I scored this deal at Bass Pro on Sunday. I had $20 in points so I walked out for $80. Seems solid so far, haven’t taken it out yet with these evening storms

Attachments

• A64862EE-D41C-4861-AE43-5432F644F875.jpeg
    A64862EE-D41C-4861-AE43-5432F644F875.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for the insight fellas. I scored this deal at Bass Pro on Sunday. I had $20 in points so I walked out for $80. Seems solid so far, haven’t taken it out yet with these evening storms

I have 1 of those. Pretty good reels.

Have you ever used a bait caster before?

If not, start with the anti backlash system cranked all the way up and use heavy and aerodynamic lures, like spoons.

Have you ever used a bait caster before?

If not, start with the anti backlash system cranked all the way up and use heavy and aerodynamic lures, like spoons.
I haven’t. I fish with my brother in law mainly so I’m getting him to show me the ropes. Will keep this noted.

I haven’t. I fish with my brother in law mainly so I’m getting him to show me the ropes. Will keep this noted.
They can be a pain in the ass to get good with, but offer more control and, sometimes, greater distance. They are a lot easier to use with some lures than others. Watch out with stick baits especially. If they start to spin in flight, get your thumb on the spool right now or it's ain't going to be pretty. LOL!

To start with, you might want to keep a sharp knife and an extra spool of line with you... just in case. :becky:

Back
Top Bottom