• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best rod and reel?

I am partial to 13 fishing, the product you get will always be a better quality than the price point it sells at. My second pick would be Lews. Both companies make quality products with good components and minimal parts that break. It all depends on how much you fish and how much you want to spend.

I still use several of the Calcutta's I bought in the 90's :D

I've been using Shimano Calcutta TE's and Tekota's (and spinning reels as well) since 2000. The dang things see little maintenance, but keep on running smooth and reliably. If set properly, the drags are smooth and consistent. I've got my money's worth out of them them, and I think they still have a ways to go.

They have pulled in some big kitties and Stripers over the years..

still have 3 Ambassador 5000c and 5500c.Still use em and love em on bottom thumpin.What we called it before drop shot had a name,back in the 70's

Lews for spinner and abu Garcia for baitcaster. Check cabelas or bass pro and look for things on sale. I got a crazy deal on a lews combo. Reel was normally $99 and Rod was $150, got it as a combo thing they had for about $129. Best Rod I’ve ever had.

Back
Top Bottom