• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best way to get rid of field mice?

Mice are tricky, for every one you see add about 10 more to it. Also, mice can enter into the home through a dime sized hole. Don't waste your time trying to seal the interior of the home. The entry points they are using to gain entry need to be sealed. Glue boards work on mice, but not rats. Make sure you are targeting the correct animal. If glue boards are found with hair on them that indicates rats. Use a combo of snap traps and glue boards. Depending on the type of siding you have you need to check along the foundation for gaps and holes. Also if there is a crawl space that needs to be inspected as well for damaged vents, pipe entry points, etc. trapping them is a pointless task if you do not correct the entry point problem.

Adopt a spayed or neutered outdoor kitty! Because of my male cat and my neighbor's female cat I have never seen a "live" mouse or rat. I have seen lots of dead little gifts left for us.

T.N.T.
I'm Dynamite
T.N.T.
And I'll win the fight
T.N.T.
I'm a power-load
T.N.T.
Watch me Explode

Read more: AC/DC - T.n.t. Lyrics | MetroLyrics

1 gal sprayer 1/2 gal of cheap vinegar and 1/2 gal of cheap bleach with a few drops of dish soap. Apply liberally to plants you want gone, wait 3 days and you can pull them clean out roots and all, or just mow over them as they will be brittle and dead :)

Thanks guys for all the advice.

Ended up buying a bunch of glue boards as well as getting a cat. So far, 6 mice have met their maker.

The back yard has been a nightmare, but slowly eating away at it with a combo of chemicals and cutting.

Now I understand why landscapers charge so much!

Back
Top Bottom