• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big cat sighting in Lagrange again

Hell yeah I'll tell every damn body. And anybody who thinks you're supposed to NOT kill a dangerous predator in your yard will get extincted right after it. I swear people come up with the dumbest ****.

My daughter came in the house tonight screaming. She's 9 and said there was a black lion in my back yard.

I casually walk outside to the back and freaking sure enough a big black cat walked on through the woods...... I don't want to say mountain lion but it was surly bigger then our neighbors German Shepherd. Definitely not a bobcat and not a yote.

I didn't shoot because it was moving away from me and I felt no threat.

Then I read this

http://www.fws.gov/southeast/news/2011/11-057.html

Bet all of y'all my safe with everything in it that I will shoot it if my children are in the back and it creeps onto my property!!!!!
I saw pretty much the same description in my neck of the woods about 5 years ago....I was bow hunting and it was too far to get a shot.....scared the crap outta me! Never seen anything like it before and haven't seen anything like it since! They do exist!

There are mountain lions in Georgia. DNR even has them listed as a local species of mammal. Several have been photographed and killed here. I have seen one in person here in my yard about 7 years ago. There is no evidence of any breeding or even permanent population though. They roam a range several states wide. Most sightings are probably passers through. This doesn't mean that none are full time/most time residents...It just means that if there are, probably not a significant number. Black cats are not mountain lions. The only 2 large cats that come in black are jaguars and leopards. Escaped pets/circus animals breeding populations or not, they exist too. I don't think anyone disputes this. But dumping large black cats in the thinly populated locale of Mtn lions, does not make these large black cats mtn lions. They are still either jaguars or leopards.

Back
Top Bottom