• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Big pine log hog

Nice hog kill. I gotta get back into Pine Log this winter. It's been a few years.

I haven't seen much deer sign this year. Only one buck and I was goofing off and missed him. But the dang place is covered over with hog signs and hogs. Their moving like crazy right now.
Message me and I'll give a bunch a spots of where they are at.
Just can't give out the spot where this guy came from hopeing to get that buck before the gates close on the 19th. One of my favorite hunting spots which isn't far from the road and tons of people push them on you while they are walking or driving in.

Last year during the quota hunt I was in the stand a hour and half before day light. You can hear everyone walking in making noise and the deer slowly moving into the big thicket above me ended up seeing 7 at first light coming out of that thicket. I guess I like getting in way early knocking out a 30 to 45 min nap before day light. Wake up about 30 mins before first light and double check everything. Not sure if it smart or preparing cause I'm lazy.
30mins lets me move around figure out whats working and not for that spot. Drop the stuff out of the stand that normally happens during daylight.

Back
Top Bottom