• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big Rule & Policy Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things, there is an ignore function and if you let someone get to you, they will.

Just move on. I know some of the banned members were hard to deal with at times, but no one ever forced me to type a response or jump in on a thread here that got under my skin.

Also, its not like they are coming back with ban invincibility, as Thomas noted, you can still get banned again, and for quite a while depending on how much of an ass you are.

Why is this such a big deal for some??

It's not a big deal. But I have been on here almost 6 years...and have never had a point. Had a few warnings...but nothing more than that. I can't fathom what it takes to actually accumulate 11 points...but I do know it has to be a WILLFUL action. A lot of the people who got banned acted like pre-puberty adolescents to get where they are now.

I vote for a semi annual death match between any banned persons and the mods who put them over the edge. Game of Thrones style. I would also lime to petition that the words ******, ****, and **** be removed from the list of censored words as they are very pertinent to the gun trading atmosphere.

Love the fight music!

It's not a big deal. But I have been on here almost 6 years...and have never had a point. Had a few warnings...but nothing more than that. I can't fathom what it takes to actually accumulate 11 points...but I do know it has to be a WILLFUL action. A lot of the people who got banned acted like pre-puberty adolescents to get where they are now.
Yes, then those points expire, and then they can accumulate more and get banned again. Agreed that it takes some pretty crap posts to get to 11.

I have had a few points, I think they are expired now, but it is what it is.

A few things, there is an ignore function and if you let someone get to you, they will.
Why is this such a big deal for some??

Why a big deal? It isn't. I don't use the ignore function, never had to. Why is is a big deal to me? They knew the rules, they decided they did not have to follow rules. They got banned. Went somewhere else, not happy, now they whine and complain, cut back door, double secret deals to come back on. They did not want to be here, now they do. Others followed the rules and stayed. I don't feel sorry for idiots who knowingly break rules to get banned.

I like it. I always thought it was ridiculous to permanently ban members who had several dozen or more positive ratings trades, contributed a lot to the conversations around here and never threatened anyone. Sure they could get abrasive at times but thats what the mods are for, just put them in timeout or whatever.

And let's not act like it's to much work for the mods they get their rocks off on that kind of stuff anyway. Really there's only two members this will upset and like a bridge they'll get over it.

I don't feel sorry for idiots who knowingly break rules to get banned.

Then let Thomas alter the rules and move on.

Those guys actually have a good time arguing with each other on other sites. They vent, say their piece and move on. Its actually somewhat entertaining to watch people get worked up so hard over a forum. I dont get it. i have let stuff get to me on here, but look back and realize "man, you just let an internet troll get the best of you.....fail"

Man, I'm certainly not picking a fight with you. I'll forewarn that I'm half a fifth into some Blantons and a few beers, so you wouldn't win anyway. You are well respected all around. What I mean is, what's it to you if the rebels are allowed back? You have a life outside of here same as me. ODT did lose a little color in the great migration and I wouldn't know if you've been mentioned elsewhere, I have only time for one bull**** internet forum and that is this bull**** internet forum that I call home. Bring them all back and weed out the truly cancerous. You are known for the finest S&W collection in the world as far as I can see, and I am known for truly tasteful pictures of my penis. We have no expertise outside those fields. So you spread your vast knowledge of revolvers and I'll post pictures of my dick. That's how we contribute and nothing can take that away from us.

I love you JWC. You didn't tell me happy birthday.

Really, I wouldn't win over a drunk at nearly 11:30 at night? Guess it is true, alcohol makes you say things that are just absolutely stupid. Missed you birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom