• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bill of Sale question

Yes, you do need to know if he/she is a GA resident or not. You should not speak of what you do not KNOW.
I have personally found that MOST ppl. that don't wanna do a BOS is either not a resident of GA or a felon.

How did you find this out?
Could you post the results of the survey?

Why do you need to know if they are Ga. residents?
Is there some law that states that you must verify that they are Ga. citizens?

Why wouldn't a felon want to do a BOS?
Do you think it will have a red bar on his Florida DL that states he's a felon?

What is your definition of KNOWINGLY?
Inquiring minds want to know.

We probably agree on a lot of things, we just haven't gotten around to discussing them.

A majority of the people requiring a BOS are Democrats with some type of paranoid delusional disorder.
You're probably right about agreeing on most subjects, and I don't know if the BOS requirement is split on party lines, but it could be paranoia in some cases and power trips in others. I wouldn't be surprised if it has been used in a theft or two...

Maybe
You're probably right about agreeing on most subjects, and I don't know if the BOS requirement is split on party lines, but it could be paranoia in some cases and power trips in others. I wouldn't be surprised if it has been used in a theft or two...

Maybe not a split on party lines, but there is one party always screaming and crying about "More Gun Control".
They would love for every firearm transaction to have to go through a licensed dealer.
Maybe limit the number of firearms and ammo an individual can possess?

It's funny that they don't ever think about "More Criminal Control".

Maybe

Maybe not a split on party lines, but there is one party always screaming and crying about "More Gun Control".
They would love for every firearm transaction to have to go through a licensed dealer.
Maybe limit the number of firearms and ammo an individual can possess?

It's funny that they don't ever think about "More Criminal Control".

Oh but they do. Didn't you know more gun control laws means less criminal activity? Where you been the last 8 1/2 yrs? :becky:

How did you find this out? It's common knowledge.
Could you post the results of the survey? Aint no survey.

Why do you need to know if they are Ga. residents? Because it's against the law to sell guns to out of state residents.
Is there some law that states that you must verify that they are Ga. citizens? No, it's common sense.

Why wouldn't a felon want to do a BOS? Don't know, I don't associate with em.
Do you think it will have a red bar on his Florida DL that states he's a felon? Don't know, I don't associate with em.

What is your definition of KNOWINGLY?
1.in a way that suggests one has secret knowledge or awareness.
2.in full awareness or consciousness; deliberately.
Inquiring minds want to know.

Most paranoid people are ignorant, and know not of what they speak.

I would try and explain "knowingly" to you, but trying to educate a rock is a total waste of time.

You really shouldn't post your paranoid feelings as if it was law or "common sense". There are some folks that don't know any better and might be misled..

Thanks for the reply. That's about all I need to know, not to be dealing with you.

My ignore list grows daily.

Most paranoid people are ignorant, and know not of what they speak.

I would try and explain "knowingly" to you, but trying to educate a rock is a total waste of time.

You really shouldn't post your paranoid feelings as if it was law or "common sense". There are some folks that don't know any better and might be misled..

Thanks for the reply. That's about all I need to know, not to be dealing with you.

My ignore list grows daily.
You are absolutely right....it would be a waste of time. Because what I posted came straight outta the dictionary.
I'm sure others and me included would LOVE to hear "your definition" though....LOL

A little paranoia is a good thing. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

A BOS is a POS unless:

(a) it is witnessed and dated by an impartial, creditable third party (notary public),

or

(b) it is recorded or documented in some fashion to establish the date of execution.

So the next time a seller tells you he needs a BOS, tell him "good. let's go find a notary" especially on a Sat. or a Sunday. Then when he starts to whine, tell him he's the one that wants one, and you want it done right. Also, ask him for his BOS as buyer so you can make sure he owns the gun, and then ask him for his proof of residency. All that shizzle works both ways.

I don't know what it is with the BOS fan boys, but the common POS BOS is worthless. They don't seem to realize that without one of the two above requirements, you can dummy up a BOS at any time. Who is to know.

If anyone should require a BOS it would be the BUYER because it at least justifies his possession of a potentially stolen gun.

I move on on any ad that says BOS required, and I can prove I'm not felon two ways.

IMO, most of the BOS fan boys are wannabe FFL's who have a special call from God to protect us all.

The video is right on, and should automatically be linked in to any ad requiring a BOS.

But to answer the OP, BOS don't have to have addresses. There is no "official, legal" form of a BOS. Even DNR which has an "official BOS form" for the transfer of a boat will accept other forms that include the relevant info.

Back
Top Bottom