• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bill of Sale question

You are absolutely right....it would be a waste of time. Because what I posted came straight outta the dictionary.
I'm sure others and me included would LOVE to hear "your definition" though....LOL

Webster has a definition of a firearms transaction between two people in the state of Georgia? Cool.

Would that be under the Fs? For felonious activities?

I know you can read, but it could be your comprehension skills that are lacking.

To make it real simple for you. As far as a firearm transaction within the state of Georgia, you don't have to prove anything just as long as you are not aware of;
Their felonious criminal past.
A resident of another state.
Under the age of 18 for handguns.
And not only that, I can send it through the mail and never talk or see the recipient of said firearm.
Ain't living in GA wonderful?
For all the BOSers, how about y'all moving to some liberal state that holds all those requirements for "your" BOS?

BOS will keep firearms out of the hands of criminals. Hillary said it would, so it must be true.

So thanks for proving my point that people requiring a BOS for a firearm transaction between two people within the state of Ga are ignorant to the facts and spew garbage like a Democrat.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Ignorance of someone's criminal past, state of residency, or proof of age for a long gun purchase, is a viable excuse by law.

If more people would educate themselves on laws, they would know when to run and when it's ok to stand around.
I talk to people all the time that have no idea that their activities are criminal.

Most people are terrified when a DNR shows up, because they really don't have a clue as to whether they are breaking the law or not.

So if you don't have anything intelligent/factual to post, you should just let the adults post.

"Ignorance of the law is no excuse.
Ignorance of someone's criminal past, state of residency, or proof of age for a long gun purchase, is a viable excuse by law."

Just because you're too dam lazy or scared to inquire about a buyer or sellers legality of owning a firearm, does not mean others have to be.
Most of us here have something called morals.

So how do you determine that someone is telling the truth about their criminal past? Do you and the potential buyer go to the local Sheriff's office and make him pay to run a criminal background check.
You would be surprised as to how many ppl. will admit that they were convicted felons if you ask.
It aint hard to ask to see someones valid GA drivers license to verify they are a GA resident.

You would be surprised as to how many ppl. will admit that they were convicted felons if you ask.
It aint hard to ask to see someones valid GA drivers license to verify they are a GA resident.

Do you also ask if they have ever been convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence, renounced their US citizenship, been declared mentally incompetent, addicted to an illegal substance, etc, etc? You know, for morals and all that.

You would be surprised as to how many ppl. will admit that they were convicted felons if you ask. Yeah, but the question is how many won't
It aint hard to ask to see someones valid GA drivers license to verify they are a GA resident. It verifies that at some time in the past (as long ago as 6 years) they were a Georgia resident. Same for a GWL -- it says nothing about the restraining order their wife got last week.

And so it goes.

I don't sell cheap junk guns that a criminal would be willing to pay for anyway so it's not really a concern of mine.

Actually I rarely sell guns anyway. Most times I trade.

Back
Top Bottom