• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bitcoin anyone? Crypto?

I can't say buy the stock market. It just doubled in the shortest time period ever. It's time to let it cool down.

Homes? I am not buying houses. They have almost doubled. It needs to cool as well.

I am holding cash for the possible upcoming correction. I never make predictions because history has shown that to be a futile exercise. However, I do have a frame-work based on observations and experience.

That cash is losing value everyday. The 100 bucks you put under the mattress in December is only with 75 bucks now.

Inflation is the government’s favorite tax.

Which cryptocurrency do you guys most like?

I read today about Shiba Inu:

Meme cryptocurrencies may soon have a new top dog.

The Shiba Inu coin—not to be confused with dogecoin, which also is a homage to the Japanese dog breed—is surging in value. It is up 40% Wednesday and has doubled in value over the past week.

With a market value of about $27 billion, according to CoinMarketCap.com, it is worth more than United Airlines Holdings Inc., and it is nipping at the heels of dogecoin, the joke coin that became a favorite of online traders during the pandemic and currently has a market value of $33 billion.

The Shiba Inu coin, which launched in 2020, brands itself the “dogecoin killer.” In a white paper—make that a “woofpaper”—the coin’s anonymous founder called it “an experiment in decentralized spontaneous community building.”

As is the case when most meme investments go on a tear, it wasn’t entirely clear why Shiba Inu’s price jumped this week. The coin gained attention last spring when Vitalik Buterin, co-creator of the crypto network Ethereum, donated more than $1 billion worth of Shiba Inu coin to an India Covid-19 relief fund.

Which cryptocurrency do you guys most like?

I read today about Shiba Inu:

I love Shiba I’m currently up over 350% return from my initial buy in late September. It’s on a dip right now throw $100 at it and forget it for a while and see what happens.

That cash is losing value everyday. The 100 bucks you put under the mattress in December is only with 75 bucks now.

If Joe keeps it up we will end up paying the bank for the privilege of them storing our money.

I am old enough to understand inflation. I got out of UGA (MBA Finance) when Jimmy 'Peanut' Carter caused the worse stagflation in USA history.

Real cash money can be very valuable with Dems in control in Washington and inflation at 5.4%. Something could break wide-open.

John Kerry will save you:
biden9.jpg

So, the Bitcoin will go straight up in value for the next 2 years without one or more corrections?

Do you guys buy GameStop and other Meme stocks? Do you use margin to triple your gains? Just asking. :)

I read today about Tungsten Cubes. Here from the WSJ:
What’s the attraction of tungsten cubes?

The intrinsic value of Coca-Cola stock (KO) and Home Depot (HD) can be explained by the increasing cash flow and GAAP earnings. They just seem to do it right.

Here is the all-time increase in KO value: 56.04 USD +55.27 (7,177.92%) all time. So, it increased by 7,178%.

Try Home Depot which is another Atlanta based business: USD +371.54 (1,238,466.67%) all time. So, it increased by 1,238,466%.

You guys are focused on a short period of time in something with no intrinsic value to fall back on when the markets get very ugly. I hope you guys are diversified into good stocks, bonds, metals (I like gold), ammo, and guns?

Yes, it doesn't have to be an all or none, you vs us, gold vs crypto. Most folks that have some crypto exposure have a relatively small amount to hedge their broader portfolio. Not everyone YOLOs their full net worth into SHIB or DOGE or whatever the latest canine ****coin happens to be. However, I want to be able buy more stuff in the future so i want some exposure to deflationary assets. I have precious metals, a few primers, a bunch of steaks and more bourbon than i could drink in years. But I also have a healthy stock portfolio, real estate exposure, bonds....and some crypto too.

I do not think anyone said they were all in. I think everyone on here I have spoken with has "limped in" with disposable money and treated this like gambling. Throw in a few hundred and maybe get a few thousand out. It is gambling, treat it accordingly.

1635510720230.png

I love Shiba I’m currently up over 350% return from my initial buy in late September. It’s on a dip right now throw $100 at it and forget it for a while and see what happens.

If Joe keeps it up we will end up paying the bank for the privilege of them storing our money.
Check out this crazy Shiba story published yesterday...

A crypto wallet shows an investor made an $8,000 shiba inu coin purchase last year. Today, it is worth $5.7 billion​

Back
Top Bottom