• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Black FN SCaR 17s under $2800

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can buy one high quality AR10

That is only true based off what you consider "high quality", below are what I would call high quality.

KAC SR25 will run you $3,200-$22,500 depending which one you get

Basic DD AR10 will run you $2,800

JP Enterprises LRP will run $3,600+

The DPMS, Armalite, Aero M5, PA10's, M&P10, etc... are not "high quality" in my book. Some are great budget AR10's, but certainly not "high quality".

Dont think you can chop it.
FN sells 13 inch barrel replacements but at about $1200.

That would be one pricey SBR but I cant lie, I have thought about it as well.
What's another $1200 if you got $2800 laying around for one rifle. If you can comfortably spend that much then it shouldn't be a problem

I thought they looked pretty cool until the "ugg boot stock" was pointed out to me...

98541-2.jpg

i12.photobucket.com_albums_a206_1KPerDay_Guns_12e42609.jpg

Thats why you replace it.

upload_2017-4-3_8-48-10.png

That is only true based off what you consider "high quality", below are what I would call high quality.

KAC SR25 will run you $3,200-$22,500 depending which one you get

Basic DD AR10 will run you $2,800

JP Enterprises LRP will run $3,600+

The DPMS, Armalite, Aero M5, PA10's, M&P10, etc... are not "high quality" in my book. Some are great budget AR10's, but certainly not "high quality".
There's a difference between quality and overpriced. I'll put up my Taurus revolver for 2 grand but doesn't mean it's worth it. Just like 1911 running $5000 or $3000 Glocks. High quality means to me, good materials and workmanship with the ability to function as intended. If you can explain why spending $30,000 on a gun is better than a $1500 one, I'm willing to listen

There's a difference between quality and overpriced. I'll put up my Taurus revolver for 2 grand but doesn't mean it's worth it. Just like 1911 running $5000 or $3000 Glocks. High quality means to me, good materials and workmanship with the ability to function as intended. If you can explain why spending $30,000 on a gun is better than a $1500 one, I'm willing to listen

For some manufacturers like these Joe Schmo strip mall outfits, you are paying more simply "because". From the reputable ones like KAC, DD, BCM, SOLGW, JP Enterprises, etc... if you don't see the value, then you either are unaware or simply don't care about what makes those brands have the reputation they do.

I prefer not to dive into this yet again on ODT simply because most on here are the "parts are parts" and rarely, if anything, changes that. As long as their Taurus 85, Radical Firearms AR15, and Tristar shotgun go bang the 100-300 rounds a year they get shot (if that or at all), that's all they care about. All others are considered "overpriced for no reason".

Imma just sit here and be a gun snob and say that a SCAR is a tad on the high side, but still a great design and on my want list. Everyone else can have at it with these crap Diamondback, Radical, Anderson, PTAC, Al Bargain Barn brand offerings. No interest in them for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some manufacturers like these Joe Schmo strip mall outfits, you are paying more simply "because". From the reputable ones like KAC, DD, BCM, SOLGW, JP Enterprises, etc... if you don't see the value, then you either are unaware or simply don't care about what makes those brands have the reputation they do.

I prefer not to dive into this yet again on ODT simply because most on here are the "parts are parts" and rarely, if anything, changes that. As long as their Taurus 85, Radical Firearms AR15, and Tristar shotgun go bang the 100-300 rounds a year they get shot (if that or at all), that's all they care about. All others are considered "overpriced for no reason".

Imma just sit here and be a gun snob and say that a SCAR is a tad on the high side, but still a great design and on my want list. Everyone else can have at it with these crap Diamondback, Radical, Anderson, PTAC, Al Bargain Barn brand offerings. No interest in them for me.

I have to totally agree. I have been fortunate enough to have a SCAR 17. But, I have also had entry level firearms in my lifetime as well. Having shot this gun, and now owning one
Makes you appreciate it even more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom