Black FN SCaR 17s under $2800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barret should make a limited production rifle and limit it to 3 and sell them for 200k each and an extra special version limited to 1 for 2 mil. I'm sure some guy out there with no common sense and millions. Look at the President. I'm in the wrong line of work. Politics or gun production is where it's at. Actually not everyone shoots or votes but everyone goes to the bathroom. I need to work for a TP company or sewage plant.

Barret should make a limited production rifle and limit it to 3 and sell them for 200k each and an extra special version limited to 1 for 2 mil. I'm sure some guy out there with no common sense and millions. Look at the President. I'm in the wrong line of work. Politics or gun production is where it's at. Actually not everyone shoots or votes but everyone goes to the bathroom. I need to work for a TP company or sewage plant.

I'd grab another cup of coffee and reevaluate those career choices.....

So if I were to pick up a Smith Wesson Sport for $600 what difference would there be in a $2600 AR?

It likely would have:
A2 grip
A2 front sight
A2 birdcage
Plastic hand guard
Single stage gritty trigger
Cheap-O Stock
Commercial spec buffer
1:9 barrel
low end BCG

Lets take a LWRC, Noveske, etc since you chose the 2600 mark.

They usually come with:
BCM or magpul grip +25-50
Low profile gas block + 30-50
Flip Up sights +150-300
AAC or comprable muzzle devices +100-150
Rail system +200-300
Geissele trigger +200-250
LMT/BCM/Magpul stock +60-250
Barrel +200-450
NIB/whatever flavor BCG +200-250

On the low end $1165 in additional parts, on the high side $2050. PLUS its all been installed by the factory AND carry factory warranty as a whole.

Look around here on ODT- when its a frankengun noveske, LWRC, etc nobody wants it, however when its a factory build it goes quick.

It likely wouldn't have:.

To add to @smiler4169 list of differences, here are a few with respect ot the SCAR specifically. Just ones I've noticed with my SCAR anyway.

Installed brand new from factory

Full ambi controls
Side charging
Piston gas system

Side folding stock
shoot 10x cleaner than a DI driven rifle
Adjustable gas block
Muzzle brake
dissasemble into 5 components in less than 30 seconds

subjective but no to be dismissed:
They are extremely accurate out of the box as well.
Hold their resale value over the <$1000 AR's, but I buy guns to shoot not as an investment.

Sadly, it does not come with a Geissele trigger, but the stock one is better than the standard mil-spec that come in 90% of the LPK's out there currently.

Sadly, it does not come with a Geissele trigger, but the stock one is better than the standard mil-spec that come in 90% of the LPK's out there currently.

Then Super Scar trigger is a game changer, if you don't already have it then you have to try one. We should do a Scar only range day, we would all be deaf and concussion beaten afterwards but it would be awesome.

Friend of mine picked up a Ruger AR15. Out of the box at 50-75 yards with irons I was hitting head shots (from a bench) I only had to click the sights once to the left . I know that's nothing for a rifle but I don't plan on 300 yard shots to defend my life and I don't plan on hunting large game with a .223. I'm guessing I'd have little issues hitting a torso at 100-150 and if scoped A good bit further. And I consider myself a mediocre shot.

Not sure about how it will hold up 40 years from now when I'm dead or after 200,000 rounds but pretty much don't care. If it holds up for what 98% (# pulled from the air) of the armed population will use it for, then I'll buy a nice 4k Flat screen with the leftovers. I think like a 40 year old grandpa with an ok job not a 6 figure mall ninja.

My first little rifle was a Sig M400. Really good little rifle for the money. All I heard from a friend of mine is how it was nice but not quite up to the snuff a 6920 Colt was, b/c it wasn't "mil-spec".

Time went by and I sold it and put the money towards a Sig 716. It was a damn fine gun, never had any problems with it, accurate too, but heavy, and of course, not "mil-spec" enough for the AR snobbery sausage measuring crowd.

Fondled a SCAR 17 at PSA one day when I was in Columbia and was impressed, so I listed the 716 and when it sold, I stared looking. Plopped my monies down on a hardly used SCAR and was happy to have it. It's quick handling, light for a 308, and a blast to shoot. It's probably my favorite of all the firearms I have owned. Now instead of the "not mil-spec" poo-pooing, I hear a bunch "too much money" nonsense.

I didn't care about the price, honestly I have spent more on dumber stuff. I'll probably even spend a pretty penny on an optic, maybe even a Geissele trigger, who knows. I didn't get into shooting to save money. I'm having fun.

There's a difference between quality and overpriced. I'll put up my Taurus revolver for 2 grand but doesn't mean it's worth it. Just like 1911 running $5000 or $3000 Glocks. High quality means to me, good materials and workmanship with the ability to function as intended. If you can explain why spending $30,000 on a gun is better than a $1500 one, I'm willing to listen

Show me a quality, new, factory built AR10 for $1500 and I'll kiss your ass.

Friend of mine picked up a Ruger AR15. Out of the box at 50-75 yards with irons I was hitting head shots (from a bench) I only had to click the sights once to the left . I know that's nothing for a rifle but I don't plan on 300 yard shots to defend my life and I don't plan on hunting large game with a .223. I'm guessing I'd have little issues hitting a torso at 100-150 and if scoped A good bit further. And I consider myself a mediocre shot.

Not sure about how it will hold up 40 years from now when I'm dead or after 200,000 rounds but pretty much don't care. If it holds up for what 98% (# pulled from the air) of the armed population will use it for, then I'll buy a nice 4k Flat screen with the leftovers. I think like a 40 year old grandpa with an ok job not a 6 figure mall ninja.

My standard 480p TV does just fine and will work great for 98% of the general population. Why waste all that money on 4k....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom