• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Black FN SCaR 17s under $2800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why waste all that money on 4k....

Because saying you could buy a TV with the rest is a way to basically say "I just cannot afford a SCAR". Some folks will never see value in companies that invest in proper R&D and that are actually innovative (not the ones copying others innovation). They just see $439.99 AR's being sold, and that what gets stuck in their mind as a standard value to base all rifles from.

It is why I have all but stopped bothering to explain to people the value in quality parts.....they.just.dont.care.

Yeah, that aluminum picatinny gas block is awesome.

Really life **** bra....

IMG_1327.jpg

That is only true based off what you consider "high quality", below are what I would call high quality.

KAC SR25 will run you $3,200-$22,500 depending which one you get

Basic DD AR10 will run you $2,800

JP Enterprises LRP will run $3,600+

The DPMS, Armalite, Aero M5, PA10's, M&P10, etc... are not "high quality" in my book. Some are great budget AR10's, but certainly not "high quality".

I wonder how flipped this would be if KAC never got the military contract and, say, DPMS or Remington won the XM110 trial.

KAC is overpriced, and not overly more accurate. Then again I'm biased because I just came home from my range trip where I shot 1moa or less with my DPMS SASS

Also, I have an Armalite m15a4 that shoots moa, and that was with a millett scope(which I probably unnaturally despise) and it only cost me 1000, not 1500 for a DD, or 2400 for a Scar 16.

Doesn't mean I dont want a scar 16, though.

Friend of mine picked up a Ruger AR15. Out of the box at 50-75 yards with irons I was hitting head shots (from a bench) I only had to click the sights once to the left . I know that's nothing for a rifle but I don't plan on 300 yard shots to defend my life and I don't plan on hunting large game with a .223. I'm guessing I'd have little issues hitting a torso at 100-150 and if scoped A good bit further. And I consider myself a mediocre shot.

Not sure about how it will hold up 40 years from now when I'm dead or after 200,000 rounds but pretty much don't care. If it holds up for what 98% (# pulled from the air) of the armed population will use it for, then I'll buy a nice 4k Flat screen with the leftovers. I think like a 40 year old grandpa with an ok job not a 6 figure mall ninja.

Obviously never shot a SCAR17...... mine has gone up in value... If you focused less on price vs return on investment.
You will make a ton of money and have some stellar toys....

My first little rifle was a Sig M400. Really good little rifle for the money. All I heard from a friend of mine is how it was nice but not quite up to the snuff a 6920 Colt was, b/c it wasn't "mil-spec".

Time went by and I sold it and put the money towards a Sig 716. It was a damn fine gun, never had any problems with it, accurate too, but heavy, and of course, not "mil-spec" enough for the AR snobbery sausage measuring crowd.

Fondled a SCAR 17 at PSA one day when I was in Columbia and was impressed, so I listed the 716 and when it sold, I stared looking. Plopped my monies down on a hardly used SCAR and was happy to have it. It's quick handling, light for a 308, and a blast to shoot. It's probably my favorite of all the firearms I have owned. Now instead of the "not mil-spec" poo-pooing, I hear a bunch "too much money" nonsense.

I didn't care about the price, honestly I have spent more on dumber stuff. I'll probably even spend a pretty penny on an optic, maybe even a Geissele trigger, who knows. I didn't get into shooting to save money. I'm having fun.

People will hate on your selections regardless, just because it's not what they picked. Its obviously not good enough if someone cannot afford it.

People will hate on your selections regardless, just because it's not what they picked. Its obviously not good enough if someone cannot afford it.
I've purchased 4 Sigs so far this year. I'd say I've spent enough to buy one and add stuff it shouldn't need. Some say Sigs are overpriced. I'm not going to disagree with them since a Rex is almost half the cost. They are probably right. Just cause they own a Rex doesn't mean they can't afford a Sig. They choose to try and get more for their money. To assume people do not buy stuff because they can't afford it, we'll refer to bold print. If I walk up on a Rex in a good deal I'll pick one up. I'm not a gun snob for the most part. I miss my Hi Point and I miss my HK USP. Feel free to drop all the eggs in one basket and WTG if you can afford and own more than one. You are on your way to winning the Man Toys Award. I'd love to have a Ford Raptor for no other reason than it's cool.
I think some people feel the same about Guns and have the need to defend their decisions when butt hurt. I'm not eliminating myself from this observation either. I'm sure there are people right now with $4000 1911s and $3000 Glocks. Some old guy like Jerry comes up with a $800 smith and smokes them. Maybe I'll pick one up off a half eaten corpse once the zombie virus infects the population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom